Are you a big fan of Indian Cuisine? Well for that, you will need the best Mixer Grinder. You can check the Best Mixer Grinder that is present in the market currently.
Earlier, death knells were used for this purpose. However, Technology has developed brilliantly. You have gadgets serving particular purposes. For instance, you get wet grinders or Juicer Mixer Grinder that are readily available in the market.
Moreover, you can buy handy bullet mixers as well. In our previous articles, we have provided the buying guide along. You can check.
In this article, we will be discussing the tips to select the best mixer grinder for Indian Cuisine.
Tips To Select The Best Mixer Grinder For Indian Cuisine
The most important task is to discover your usage pattern. You have to consider the pattern for a better understanding. For example, if you expect to use a mixer grinder for heavy loads, you should look for a 1000W mixie. The best one so far is the Bosch TrueMixx Pro.
However, small families with four to five-member should buy a 750W motor machine. It will satisfy their grinding requirements.
Nuclear families or people living individually really don’t require more than a 500W mixie. And the best mixer grinder to satisfy their needs is Bajaj Rex Mixer. It’s adequate in all senses.
Smaller families and individuals do not need more than a 500W mixer-grinder. Under such circumstances, the Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder should prove adequate.
Besides the fact that you purchase a new machine, do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time. This occurs due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time.
The problem should not happen in subsequent uses. However, If it does, please contact Brand Service Centre. Since your mixer grinder runs on a dominant motor, there will be some kind of noise. If the noise level seems abnormal, you should contact the Brand Service Centre.
Even the best Mixies can issue a burning smell while used for the first time. The reason behind this is the burning of the coating that is done on the motor.
Nevertheless, there are some new models that come with noise reduction technology. There are some more features you should look for before you make up your mind. For instance, the overload protection feature. It helps a lot in protecting the motor from getting overload pressure. This feature let the machine auto shut off till the time you reset the button.
Well, now if we consider time, then your machine can get hot with usage around a maximum of 25 to30 minutes. This may lead to hot jars and bodies. Consequently, jars having plastic handles make the whole process really easy.
You won’t have to touch the hot jars directly. Handles increase the grip of the jar. Therefore, reducing the major kitchen failures.
If we talk about the blades, then stainless steel blades have the lead. Types of mixer grinder blades really matter a lot. However, Cast Iron blades are still present in some of the old models.
Some Extra Tips To Save Kitchen Failures
While you wish to prepare the gravy for Shahi Paneer or Kadhai Chicken, Do not churn the hot ingredients directly from the stove. Let the ingredients cool down for some time. This will help in enhancing the longevity of the machine.
You should now just switch the knob from maximum to minimum continuously. Try to grind at a constant speed. Even if the recipe demands a change in speed, try to be constant with one speed or change it swiftly.
It is advisable to supply rest to the jars between grinding. This will help in increasing the efficiency of the mixie.
Different Types Of Mixer Grinders
As the name suggests it is used for grinding hard objects, Grinder is commonly used for grinding cereals, masala, spices, and any substance. The grinder is of two types.
Coffee grinders should be used only for grinding fresh coffee beans.
They’re small, economical, and practical appliances for grinding your own beans to improve the taste of your coffee.
These come in electric and manual models. They are very useful kitchen tools; their function is mainly to grind with a variety of discs for fine to coarse grinding.
Vegetable Or Meat Grinder
They are very useful kitchen tools Which come in both electric and manual models.
Their function is mainly to grind with a variety of discs for fine to coarse grinding.
If you are planning on using this tool a lot, look for a fully functioning antique meat grinder or use a grinder attachment on a larger jar.
The Mixie – (Mixer cum Grinder)
Mixies are a general term that evolved in India for Indian kitchen blenders. in India, for Homeworking women mixie is an essential part of their kitchen to mix, fold, beat, and whip food ingredients.
Mixie or Mixers are distinct from blenders, which contain sharp blades and typically operate at higher speeds, that chop, liquefy, or otherwise break down larger food items.
Juicer Mixer Grinder ( JMG )
As you can see by the name, it is a combination of Juicer and mixie. apart from mixing, grinding, you can extract juice as well on it. For more details have a look at Best Juicer Mixer Grinder
A mixie plays a very important role in everyone’s kitchen. It helps you prep for cooking and complete your dish as soon as possible. every Indian woman loves this product for the same reason.
Some tips on how to use the mixie efficiently.
- Avoid pouring hot ingredients inside your jar as that can damage or broke the jar walls
- Ensure to add sufficient water while making Idly, Dosa Batters and purees
- check your home earthing , to avoid unnecessary accidents.
- don’t run the motor for a longer period of time, follow 5 minute and 3 minute rule
- Allow air inside the jar to escape before operating the mixie
I hope this guide will be helpful to you and you can take a wise decision while buying a Mixie. Please comment below and tell us your thoughts.
Bosch Appliances TrueMixx Pro Mixer Grinder, 750W, 4 Jars, Black
Rs. 5,400 in stock
- Powerful 750 W 2-C series HI Flux motor – designed to deliver high performance grinding, Ergonomic design of jar handles for easy operations
- Innovative Stone Pounding Technology which recreates the traditional stone pounding effect on dry ingredients to deliver authentic taste
- Uniquely designed blunt Pounding Blade with thick edges which replicates pounding effect on dry ingredients, thus giving authentic texture and taste
- Enhanced aeration and high performance grinding with innovative Active Flow Breaker - guarantees finer, fluffier batters
- High performance juicing and blending with the Maxx Juice Extractor – perfect for juicing, smoothies and even coconut milk extraction
Bajaj Rex 500W Mixer Grinder with Nutri-Pro Feature, 3 Jars, White
Rs. 1,849 in stock
- Wattage: 500 W; Voltage: 220-240V ; Revolution: 20000
- No of Jars: 3; Jar Size: 1.20 Litre liquidizing jar, 0.8 Litre multi purpose jar, 0.3 Litre chutney jar; Jar Material: Stainless Steel; Body Material: ABS; Cord Material: PVC; Blade Material: Stainless Steel; Speed Control: 3 speed control with incher for momentary operation
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time .This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent uses. If it does, please contact Brand Service Centre; Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some noise. If the noise level seems abnormal, please contact Brand Service Centre
- Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some noise, if noise level seems to be abnormal then please contact brand customer support team; Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time
- Sturdy stainless steel jars for liquidizing , wet/dry grinding and chutney making