Window Air Conditioner or conditioning units are definitely a lifesaver for people who live in high-rise constructions or in homes that don’t have a good flow of air, in other words, which has poor ventilation.
In such a case, you may need that extra cool air to keep the space comfortable. However, it needs to be clean and maintain properly.
The standard HVAC unit in a house is a bit difficult to clean and maintain, but that’s not the case with this unit.
In this article, we are going to help you with things that you need to know before you put your hands in cleaning. All these things require a basic knowledge and way of performing it.
Let’s take a look at why this is important to Clean and maintain the AC’s that we use. Also, we will be discussing, when to contact a professional for help.
Why Cleaning is Important
Just like any other appliance that you use at your home, Air Conditioners also need to be clean properly. The best time to clean your AC has to be the Spring season. Spring Cleaning is a good idea as it makes it easy to use for the summers.
You can consult the manual for your window air conditioner as it explains the method significantly.
Also, you can take up some help from the internet. Everything is available on the internet, so you can download the pdf online. It will be helpful to refer to the manual.
Things That You Need To Clean A Window Air Conditioner Without Actually Removing It
- A bucket filled with warm soapy water.
- A vacuum with attached soft brush.
- Soft brush or comb that is not in use anymore.
- Spray bottle filled with warm water and 2 drops of dish wash or detergent.
- A peice of dusting cloth
- Newspaper to go underneath the unit
- Gloves that will protect your hands.
Steps To Clean The Window Air Conditioner Without Removing It
1. First of all, Unplug the Unit From the Wall to Clean the Window Air Conditioner.
2. Next step is to take Off the Grill of the Air Conditioner Unit and the Filters.
3. Now Take the Case Off the Air Conditioning Unit and place it somewhere on the table.
4. You need to clean the inside parts of the air conditioner, so start vacuuming and spray it with the mixture carefully.
5. Time to clean the Condenser Coils.
6. Reassemble the Air Conditioner Unit
Benefits Of Cleaning The Window Air Conditioner
Do you know what is pleasant and satisfying? Having a clean air conditioner. It also means that you will be able to enjoy the other benefits accompanying cleaning.
You’ll have cleaner air to breathe from, moreover, there will be fewer irritants. Fresh clean air will help you to cope up with various respiratory issues.
You will be able to smell the fresher air. Removal of the faint musk of air conditioner mold and dust will transmit your air feeling fresher and cleaner than before.
The cleaning also affects the working of the unit. It’ll run without making much noise. Any machine that is dirty needs to work harder to give the same result.
Cleaning makes your gadget efficient, resulting in less usage of energy. With a more efficient AC comes lower energy bills.
The lifespan of your air conditioner will increase with proper cleaning and maintenance.
- AC Tonnage Calculator – Per Square Foot
- ISEER, EER, BEE STAR RATINGS, All You need To Know
- Reciprocating VS Rotary- Air conditioners Compressor
- Types Of Air Filters Used In Your Air Conditioner
- What Is Voltage Stabilizer
Deals & Offers On Air Conditioner:
- Best Window Air Conditioner In India 2021
- 11 Best Inverter Ac In India: 2021 Review & Buyer Guide
- 10 Best Split Ac In India 2021 | updated march 2021
- Best 1 Ton Split AC in India – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide