Best Pedestal Fans in India | Review & Buyer Guide
Pedestal fans are Similar to electric fans but in portable forms. They are much lighter in weight as compared to normal fans, easy to relocate from ope place to another, and provides less sound.
“A propeller type fan having two or more blades directly driven by an ac or dc electric motor mounted on a pedestal of fixed or variable height and intended for use with free inlet and outlet of air.”
You must have a spare pedestal fan at home because they are easy to move anywhere are used instead of cooler or normal fan when required, You can use it on the terrace when you are sitting in the evening or during having barbeque dinner with your family. If you are using it in your hostel room as your private fan you can move it as well while you shift your room or even hostel. Movability is the best use of pedestal fans.
A lot of students use them during summer in hostels as you will come across hostels that do not have coolers or air conditioners. There are some models that also come with a battery installed and this means that the pedestal fan will give you a certain backup during the power outage.
They come between range of 1500-5000, There are several factors which you should keep in mind before buying a pedestal fan, we have mentioned in Buying Guide Below to choose the Best Pedestal fan In India
Pedestal fans are suitable for small rooms where ceiling fans or air conditioner is not possible to install. Usha, V-Guard, Crompton, Havells are some of the popular brands providing the best pedestal fans in India.
AmazonBasics - High Speed Pedestal Fan for Cooling with Automatic Oscillation (400 MM)
Rs. 1,999 in stock
- High speed pedestal fan with top speed of 1456 RPM generating air delivery of 65 CMM to 73 CMM
- Comes with aerodynamically designed blades and 3-speed options. Total sweep length 400mm
- Cools wide areas using automated oscillation function with coverage of 78 degree. Jerk free and smooth oscillation for uniform cooling
- Easy to operate with 3 angles of vertical tilting that can be adjusted with a single hand. Height can be adjusted from 115 cm to 135 cm. Power: 55 W
- Tested against international standards on multiple parameters for durability, safety and performance. Tested for stability and safety against electric shock and fire hazard
iBELL CHROME10 Pedestal Fan 5 Leaf,406 mm, High Speed with Timer Switch (Black)
Rs. 2,188 in stock
- 5 Leaf Pedestal fan with motor power at 55W & High Air Throw
- Powder coated metal grills Standing fan
- Strong body for more life, more base stability. Height adjusting option available
- Warranty : 1 Year standard + 1 year additional on free registration
- Please call toll free at 1800 833 8331 for support
Starvin ISI Approved Copper Motor Mini Pedestal Fan, Sweep- 300 MM, 12 Inches, Metal Body Gray Cyclone G-36
Rs. 1,499 in stock
- 3 speed air control mode ,Aerodynamically designed PP blades
- Unique oil reservoir lubrication for better reliability and longer life
- Sweep :- 300 MM , 12 Inches, high speed RPM motor with 100% copper winding & 100%make in India.
- Three speed air control mode ,1 year warranty ,fan with new high speed low voltage (HSLV) Technology
Crompton Greaves Hiflo Pedestal Fan, 400 mm , White
Rs. 2,749 in stock
- Pedestal Fan
V-Guard Gatimaan High Speed Pedestal Fan With Timer (Yellow and Black)
Rs. 3,249 in stock
- In built 120 minutes timer;3 speed selector
- Jerk free oscillation
- Superior grade stator material for optimum power consumption.
- Aerodynamically designed and balanced blades
- High Speed Performance
Bajaj Esteem 400 mm Pedestal Fan White
- Sweep : 400mm, Power : 50W, Air Delivery : 70CMM, RPM: 1320
- High Air Delivery : Improves the feel of air with high air delivery
- Silent operation : High efficiency minus the air cutting sound
- High Speed : Provides high RPM
- Overload thermal protector : Acts as a fuse and protects the motor from damage
Singer 160 W, 500mm, High Speed Farrata FAN – Aerostar FF (Black)
Rs. 3,150 in stock
- 160 Watt, 500 MM Sweep Farrata Fan
- High Speed, Uniform & Silent Operation
- Aerodynamically Designed 3 Leaf Metal Blades
- 3 Speed Setting Option, Easy Height Adjustment Feature
- High Speed Farrata Fan with Powerful 1350 RPM Motor
Havells Trendy 400mm Pedestal Fan (Green White)
- Jerk free oscillation and smooth running
- Thermal overload protector (TOP) helps in protecting the motor in case of any high voltage fluctuation
- Aerodynamically designed and balanced blade
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 50 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts
Usha Helix Mega High Speed 400MM Pedestal Fan (BLACK)
Rs. 3,199 in stock
- High speed fan(2200 RPM)
- Jerk-free and uniform oscillation
- Unique Pivot Arrangement for Easy Tilt Mechanism
- 2 Years warranty
- Usha customer care: 18001033111
Atomberg Energy Efficient 400 mm 3 Blade Pedestal Fan (White, Pack of 1)
Rs. 2,900 in stock
- Super Energy Efficient BLDC Motor, Consumes only 30W on the highest Speed
- It runs consistently on the same speed from a voltage range of 140-285V
- Smart remote with features like Boost, Sleep, Speed Control, Timer mode
- Runs 2 Times longer compared to an Induction fan on a Inverter Battery
- 2 Years onsite warranty + 1 Year Extended warranty on registration
iBELL WINDP10 Pedestal Fan 5 Leaf with Remote and High Air Flow,406mm, 55W, High Speed, 100% Copper & Timer Function
Rs. 2,560 in stock
- 55W Motor Power With 100% Copper Motor for Longer Life and Powerful motor designed for Indian weather conditions.
- High Quality 5 Leaf and Silent Pedestal Fan, Standing fan with High Air Delivery
- Pedestal fan with Remote Control. Ideal for use in home and office.Power: 55 watts; Operating Voltage: 230V /50Hz
- Wide Sweep Oscillation and 3 Speed Control, 2 Hour Timer, Whisper Quiet Operation and Self Lubricating Motor
- Warranty: 1 Year Standard & 1 Year Additional on FREE Registration | Tollfree: 1800-833-8331
Crompton PF High Flo Ester PFHIFLO16ESTER Fan with Remote (Black)
- Option of manual control available
- Three modes of operation are normal, natural and sleeping
- Corrosion resistant power coated guards
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 50 watts
Bajaj 400mm VPR01 Pedestal Fan with Remote (Grey)
Rs. 3,190 in stock
- Acrylic Blade (High Performance) - Consistent delivery over longer duration of time and zero warp from air pressure
- Timer - Fan operation controlled via timer. Set timings for on and off / speed
- Silent Operation - Provides better comfort with low air cutting noise, overload thermal performance
- Warranty- 2 years manufacturer warranty, Power-55 watts, 1300RPM, High speed pedestal Fan
- Contents: 1 piece of Pedestal Fan
V-Guard Finesta Remote 400mm Pedestal Fan (Yellow Black)
Rs. 3,099 in stock
- Baby Motor Size: 509mm x 148mm x 538mm
- Sweep: 400mm, Rated Power: 55W
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Three mode wind selection Natural, Sleep, & Normal
- Inbuilt thermal overload protector
Best Pedestal Fan In India Buying Guide
To Get the Best Utilization of your Pedestal fan, you must choose the Best pedestal fan for you. Each user has its own requirement in his pedestal fan, Your pedestal fan should full fill those requirements for you. That’s why we come up with a buying guide for pedestal fan, it is recommended to read each point below carefully.
Number of Blades
Pedestal fans come with different number of blades, to be specific from 2 to 5, Pedestal fan with 2 blades produce more noise as compared to pedestal fan with 3 or 4 blades, you can have more smooth and less noise and better air quality with 3-4 blade pedestal fan
sweep functionality means that fans can distribute the air in multiple directions instead of only one direction like traditional fans. with sweep functionality, you can see the total degree covered by pedestal fan, some cover 45 degrees of range, and some cover 60-90 degrees.
Pedestal fan comes with different speed settings, precisely from 1 to 5. Make sure your pedestal fan has multiple speed setting. Most fans have only a 2-speed setting low and high, but some have up to 5-speed settings which gives you more solutions in different occasions.
Some Pedestal fan comes with height adjusting features. So you can shift it up or down as per your requirement.
Think of it like this you are doing studies in your room and your personal pedestal fan is making so much noise that you are not able to concentrate. So Make sure that you check the noise levels because we are sure that you do not wish to buy something which makes it difficult for you to concentrate during your exams. to check the noise level run your fan at maximum speed and make sure it produces a bearable noise.
Ease of Cleaning
Almost every pedestal fan has a removable grill but makes sure it is easy to remove them. To get less noise and clean air, clean your pedestal fan on a regular basis. pedestal fan attract dust very fast, so make sure your pedestal fan grill is easy to remove and its wings are easy to clean as well, this will prevent you from allergies as well.
Some pedestal fans also come with an infrared remote control to let you control the speed and swing of the fan. If you wish to make your Life easier then you can buy one with remote control. Some pedestal fan let you connect with universal remote control available on your mobile as well.
Type of Motion
Pedestal fans come with different types of motions. Which are as follows:
- Fixed Motion
Pedestal fans with fixed motion features operate in only one direction. To change the direction you need to lift it up with your hands and rotate it to the desired direction. The fan passes the air in that particular direction only.
- Rotating Motion
Pedestal fan with rotation motion direction is just opposite of fixed motion direction like above. Pedestal fans with Rotation motion feature distribute the air in all directions evenly.
- Oscillating Motion
The fans with oscillating motion also aim to provide air in a particular direction but it functions in a different way. The fan first moves up to an angle of 90 degrees and then take a pause. It remains motionless there and the grill of the fan then starts spreading the air in the needed directions.
because of so much power cut in some places of India, some pedestal fans come with battery operation as well. In India, the power cuts are normally 30-60 min, So make sure if you are buying a fan with the battery then it should run for at least 40-60 min or more. These battery-operated pedestal fans are a little expensive as compared to others. Luxury doesn’t come in cheap my friend
Pedestal fans are made up of different materials like iron, plastic steel, etc, Each has its own unique features or benefits or drawbacks.
For example, Plastic Fans are more economical as compared to steel. Iron fans get rust and corrosion easily. To prevent them from corrosion or rust, Various Brands are using stainless steel And to make it rust free, they apply a power-coated guarded layer along with a polymer ring. And also steel is more strong and durable as compared to plastic
Unlike Ceiling Fans or wall-mounted fans, Pedestal fans are easy to move from one location to another. But it is only possible if your pedestal fan is light in weight, if it is heavy it will be difficult for you to relocate your pedestal fan. So make sure your fan should be lightweight if you are willing to move it frequently
Your budget should be predefined if you want to buy your pedestal fan. Budgeting is very important as this will helps in narrowing down the options. pedestal fan comes in Budget of Rs 1,500 – 6000. It better to decide first how much you want to spend for example if you have the extra money in your pocket you can buy a pedestal fan with remote control. Budgeting will also be easy to shortlist the fans from the wide variety of products available online.
Pedestal fans come with a 1-2year warranty, then more the warranty the better it will be for you. Also, make sure that you read the warranty policy carefully before buying. never buy the pedestal fan without warranty policy. Because if your motor fails and it is covered only till 6 months in warranty policy and you don’t know that, then it will be a hectic and expensive deal for you in the future. So always read the warranty policy carefully
There are different brands that manufacture Pedestal Fans. Some of them are Local but good quality and some of them are reputed Brands, Below are some Brands who manufacture pedestal fans.
- V-Guard Etc…
Make sure you keep in mind all the above points before buying a pedestal fan for you. These will help you to drop the not required fans from your list. If you consider the above point you will be able to choose the best pedestal fan for you and this will help you achieve inner satisfaction.
How to assemble a pedestal fan?
Assembling a Pedestal Fan is very easy, you don’t need so many tools, You just need one screwdriver. Follow the below steps to assemble your pedestal fan:
- First, take out the pole and base of the fan, then put the pole above the base and screw it with the help of the screwdriver. Thus, all you have to do is place the pole on the stand and insert and tighten the screws.
- Now, in the second step you need to take out the motor and assemble it.
- Place the motor towards the rear safety grill and fit it in the gap.
- Now install the motor and the rear grill over the top of the pole.
- Insert the screws and tighten them properly.
- Take the safety grill of the fan and secure it by locking the clips over the rear safety grill. some safety grill attaches with a clip or some with a screw, so check properly.
- The next step is the wiring. Take the wires from the motor and join them to the socket attached to the pole.
- double-check if all screws are tightened.
- You can plug in the fan and enjoy a gentle breeze coming out of it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pedestal Fan
1. Can a pedestal fan bend as per our needs?
Yes, you can adjust the pedestal fan as per your requirement.
2. What is the best way to clean pedestal fan blades?
The best way is first remove the Protecting grill of your Pedestal Fan by removing the clips on the side of the fan. Take a dry cloth and clean it. If there is sticky dust or dirt elements to the blades (steel or otherwise), use cleaning liquid or vinegar instead. Don’t wipe them with water. It may rust the steel blades.
3. Does a ceiling fan consume more power than a pedestal fan?
Pedestal fan consume less electricity then ceiling fans. If a pedestal fan consumes around 50-55 watts of power, the ceiling fans end up using 70-85 watts of power at the same speed levels.
4. Where can you buy pedestal fans?
The best way to buy it online because you can have good discounts and products will come at your doorstep, You can do return as well if you don’t like the product. You can also buy from local retail store but if anything goes wrong they usually won’t take a return
5. How do you adjust a pedestal fan?
Pedestal Fans come with self-adjusting screws that need to betake out. With this you can pull the rod within with the rod to adjust the height to your preferred required height.
6. Do pedestal fans use much electricity?
No, You can compare it with Table Fan, as they Both Consume same amount of electricity
A study by Bijili Bachao has found out that at various different speeds, a table fan and a pedestal fan on average, consume about 50-55 watts of power.
7. How to get cool air from pedestal fans?
To get Cool air from Pedestal Fan Place it near Window or at a place from where it can suck fresh air from the backside. You can also place a wet cloth at the back of the pedestal fan this is a small trick you can make your own as well but follow safety measures.
8. What should I look for when buying a pedestal fan?
For this question see our detail buying guide for pedestal fan above.
9. Do pedestal fans cause a lot of disturbance with their noise?
yes may cause a disturbance with noise, you may have seen them in marriages, but all mentioned above don’t create any noise.
10. Which is a better tower fan or pedestal fan?
Both Tower fan and pedestal fan has different features. because of better airflow pedestal fan are made for bigger space as compared to tower fan.
Tower Fan come with different features like temperature control, remote control etc, which allows it to spread cooler air then pedestal fan.
11. Does pedestal fans consume more power than a ceiling fan?
If you take a standard branded pedestal fan, it consumes less power as compared to the Ceiling fan. Some pedestal fan comes with a star rating as well which consumes very less power.
5 star rated fans from the BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) rating consume about 40 or even 45 watts of power while standard quality pedestal fans consume 55 watts.