Best Food Processor In India | Review & Buyer Guide| Updated February 2020
Food processors are similar to blenders in many forms. Owning one Food Processor will save you from having to do tons of tedious and tiring preparation work. One question is very common to ask: What’s the difference between a food processor and a blender? If you want a coarse texture, a food processor will get the job done. Blenders are better for fine grinding and pureeing smooth concoctions. Food processor usually don’t require water but Blender requires water to do the job.
we did deep research on various Food Processor but Our top pick is the Inalsa Food Processor Fiesta It’s top-of-the-line when it comes to performance, featuring a super powerful motor, four functional blades, easy to maintain and very silent performer provide peaceful cooking experience. It aced every test, dicing onions, mincing parsley, and uniformly sliced tomatoes in seconds.
Overall, the best food processors to buy in 2020 are:
- Panasonic MK-5086M 230-Watt Food Processor
- Singer Foodista Plus 600 Watts Food Processor
- Usha Food Processor with premium SS Finish
- Inalsa Maxie Premia 800-Watt Food Processor
- Philips Daily Collection HR7629 Food Processor
- Inalsa Food Processor
- Bajaj Food Factory Food Processor
- Prestige All Rounder Food Processor
- Maharaja Whiteline Fiesta Food Processor
- Usha Food Processor
- Morphy Richards Food Processor
Panasonic MK-5086M 230-Watt Food Processor
- Powerful motor with circuit breaker for processing various foods
- Safety lock clamp
- Changeable blade
- Changeable blade attachments for chopping, mixing, grinding, atta kneading, shredding, slicing, french fries and whipping
- Citrus press for better juice extraction
Singer Foodista Plus 600 Watts Food Processor
- Sturdy & Powerful 600 Watts Motor
- 3 Speed Control with Incher. Designed with Built-in Locking System considering user's Safety
- Fruit filter attachment, 14 Attachment & Accessories. High Grade Stainless Steel Blades & Cutter
- Unbreakable Poly-carbonate 1.5 litre liquidizing jar & 2 litre Processing Bowl & Stainless Steel 1 litre Multipuporse Jar & 300 ml Chutney Jar
- Warranty: 2 Years Warranty on Product & 5 Years Warranty on Motor ,Please contact Singer Customer Care for any product & services related information. Customer Care Number: 1800 103 3474
Usha Food Processor with Premium SS Finish
- Many Tasks One Master- 12 Different Applications
- 100% Copper Motor
- 3 Impact Resistant Jars and 1 Food Processing Bowl
- Technical Specification: Wattage - 1000 W ; Voltage - 230 V ; Frequency - 50 Hz
- Both Citrus and Centrifugal Juicing Attachments
Inalsa Maxie Premia 800-Watt Food Processor
- 30 minutes continuous (max)
- Includes:- Food Processor, Centrifugal/Citrus Juicer, 4 Functional Disc Blades, Egg Whisker, Chopper, Atta Kneader, 2.0L Break Resistant PC Blender Jar, 1.0L SS Dry Grinding Jar, 400ml SS Chutney Jar
- Warranty: 2 years on product and 5 Years on Motor
- Power: 800 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts ; Power LED Light ; 4 Functional Disc Blades ; High Gloss UV Paint ; RPM Bowl: 3000 Max., RPM Jar Side: 18000Max. ; Cord Plug / Length: 3 Pins, 1.5 m ; Speed: 3
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run the unit for the 1st time. This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent uses. If it does, please contact Brand Service Centre .For any issue kindly contact_us on:  9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Philips Daily Collection HR7629/90 Mini Food Processor
- Power 650W, 2 Speed + Pulse 1.5L bowl (usable capacity) ; Power: 650 W ; Voltage: 220-240 V ; Frequency: 50/60Hz ; Cord length: 1.0 m ; RPM blender (max): 21000 rpm ; RPM bowl (max): 1900 rpm
- This product does not require installation. please contact brand customer care for any product related queries
- Appliance will switch on only if these parts are assembled correctly - Please refer the PDF in User manual to explain safety locking mechanism
- PowerChop technology for superior chopping performance
- Emulsifying tool for cream and egg whites
Inalsa Food Processor Fiesta
- Ultimate kitchen multi-tasker– With 100% Pure Copper Motor of 650-Watt that makes your processing faster & more efficient. Be it chopping, dough-mix, slicing, shredding & grating whatever ingredients you’ll have your work will be done in a jiffy, Over Load Protector for Motor Safety
- All in one–This appliance is suitable for chopping, shredding, slicing and emulsifying foods. It can make citrus and vegetable juice, beat cake batter and egg whites, knead bread-dough & grind meats and vegetables
- Savour the flavour- With precise slicing and dicing, the perfection of each piece allows for even cooking, even flavors and a perfectly textured plate of produce. The end result - a dish that tastes as good as it looks
- Superior quality-Blades are made of high-quality steel which can be used for coarse or fine chopping, pureeing, blending & processing cake mixtures.1.5L Polycarbonate BPA-Free Blender Jar & 1L Multipurpose Stainless-Steel Jar to ensure durability
- Get more time for yourself- Ideal for preparing large meals with large capacity of 1L. It can process a wide range of ingredients with ease. No need to stop, you can process large volumes of food in one go. Save time, meal prep & money with Fiesta
Bajaj Food Factory Food Processor
- Its in-built locking mechanism ensure consumer safety, The twist and lock mechanism of the processing bowl have to be applied properly in-order to start the food processor
- Sturdy and powerful 600 watts, 18000 RPM motor, 3 speed control & pulse function
- Efficient processing, grinding, liquidizing, juicing and atta kneading
- Unbreakable polycarbonate processing bowl with lid
- 1.5 litre unbreakable polycarbonate liquidizing jar with stainless steel blade
Prestige All Rounder Food Processor
- Content: Prestige All Rounder Food Processor
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 600W
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Troubleshooting guidelines:i)- Do not use Food Processor and mixer grinder simultaneously ii) Always operate mixer grinder with lid on iii)Food Processor should be used only for the intended uses as described in the instruction manual.
Maharaja Whiteline Fiesta Food Processor
- Multiple functions to serve delicious dishes
- 2 liter processing bowl, 3 speed plus pulse
- Attachments: Blender, chopper, aata kneader, slicer, grating blade and shredding blade
- There is a safety feature that till the time both Jar/Cap & the Bowl is locked properly ,product won’t start
- Versatile: Atta kneading, grating, shredding, slicing, finger chips, citrus press, whipping, chopping, centrifugal press, liquidising, dry and wet grinding and chutney making
Usha Food Processor
- Food processor: Mincing, shredding, slicing, atta kneading, blending, juicing, dry and wet grinding
- Separate whipper and overload reset switch
- 3 jars with flow breakers and 10 attachments
- Blender jar with fruit filter and unbreakable bowl and cover
- Safety interlock switch
Morphy Richards Food Processor
- The epitome of precision, speed & 1000W power with Square shaped jars with Quadra flow technology.
- 4 Jars for Various Functions: Chutney jar- 400 ml, Grinding jar- 1 ltr, Liquidising Jar- 1.5 ltr, Processing Jar- 2.4 ltr.
- 11 different kinds of attachments, 6 stainless steel blades, 16 different functions.
- Centrifugal Juicer, Citrus Juicer, Kneading Process, Chopping and Mincing
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty on the motor and a 2-year warranty on the body.
5 food processor mistakes to avoid :
- Throwing in a whole onion. It’s Not only about onion but also about other vegetables as well, Before chopping, cut food into even size chunks.It will not put load on Your Food Processor.
- Ignoring the pulse button. By pressing the pulse to run the processor periodically, you’ll get more even results. If your food processor doesn’t have an automatic pulse feature, simply press it on and off manually.
- Not applying pressure. When shredding or slicing, try to exert even pressure on food as you push it down to keep it steady in the tube and get good results.
- Using it instead of a blender. If you are not sure about when you should use Food Processor and when you should use Blender? If you want a coarse texture, a food processor will get the job done. Blenders are better for fine grinding and pureeing smooth mixture. another example if your process requires water to use then you can use a blender and if no water required then you can use Food Processor.
- Walking away. Please make sure Not to do anything else while you are using Your Food Processor, particularly if you’re preparing a heavy load like yeast dough as the processor can “walk” on, or even fall off of from the countertop.
Different Types Of Food Processors :
Hand Operated :
These Food Processors are Most Common In Market. They are used for chopping & Grinding vegetables like onions. They are not fully automatic thus require manual work, on a positive side they are effortless and easy to use and easy to clean. They are not bulky and Heavy so handling and storage is easy for them. Hand operated processors are perfect for chopping purposes when the quantity of food is less.
Mini Food Processors :
They are Best for a small or medium-size family because of there compact nature. These can perform multiple activities like chopping, grinding, shredding, and mixing, but all in few quantities. For a small or medium-sized family who preferring to cook versatile dishes on their own, these compact food processors are highly recommendable.
Full-Sized Food Processors :
Full-sized food processors are the ones who can perform most of the functions and can also provide a capacity of around 9-12 cups. Some even offer 20 cup capacities. these are suitable for mid and large family size. some also comes with dough-hooks to mix bread. They also come with different rang of blades and hooks to make user life easier. These Food processors are very long-lasting and can handle difficult to difficult operation.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying A Food Processor :
Food processors come in many different sizes and volumes. We estimate the size of food processor with the size of the work bowl. For a Family size of two or more people, I’d recommend at least an eight-cup model and if you’ve have the storage space. For Midsize or large size family you can buy a good food processor with capacity of 8 cups or more.
You should choose the food processor as per the job you frequently do, for example, if you like chopping raw carrots, mixing stiff ingredients or shredding hard cheese, you need a Food Processor with strong motor and High wattage otherwise it will burn out in a very short period of time.
Consider at least 600 watts for a small to med size food processors and 750 watts for larger ones. There are also heavy-duty food processors with 1000 watts or more.
A powerful motor will also last long taking all the wear and tear. They also make lesser noise than a small size processor.
Material is very important aspect while buying a Food Processor In India. If you use your food processor very frequently or regularly you should go for the metal body food processor instead of the plastic body which is less durable and can break easily. If you are using a Dishwasher then you should look for the Food Processor bowl which is easy to wash in the dishwasher. Still, if you are buying a plastic body food processor then make sure it is durable and won’t break easily.
There are so many Reputed Brands of Food Processor in India Market such as Philips, Bajaj, Philips, Inalsa, Morphy Richards and so on. Each of these brands has a reputation to maintain. We Have Mentioned above 11 Best Food Processor In India. You Can Choose any of the above as per your requirements and budget.
Manual OR Automatic
We Have mentioned above both manually operated or automatic food processor, You can look after for both types and take the decision as per your better judgment.
Blades and discs
It is recommended that one must check if all the types of blades and discs are provided according to the functions that the processor has to perform. There are different kinds of accessories like the reversible blade for grating as well as slicing, chopping blade, beater and whisk disc attachments and juice extractor.
The motor speed is the rotation of the chopping blade per minute. It is measured in RPM (Revolution per Minute). Grinding and mixing require higher speeds where slicing and dicing are best when done at lower speeds.
If you Slice at lower speed that will preserve nutrients. They keep the cell structure intact and prevent the veggies from turning brown too soon. Food processors than can do both grinding and slicing have gear drive technology.
Usually, grinding and chopping is done at 15,000 RPM or more and slicing/ dicing at 1500-2000. Pureeing, whisking, whipping requires speed not more than 3000 RPM.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. What is Food processor?
A food processor is a device that is used to chop mix blend, knead, mash the food ingredients. It saves a lot of time and effort for the housewives in the kitchen and is a great advantage in today’s fast-paced world. It is Different than a Blender.
2. Can I make the dough in the food processor?
Absolutely, You can say a Food Processor is the best device for kneading dough instead of a hand blender. You can knead the atta within seconds, it is the fastest way to knead the dough. It obviously saves time for all purposes like cutting, blending, smashing.
3. Food processor or hand blender. Which one is preferable.
First of all, both of these devices have different definitive functions but although, they are used to do interchangeable tasks. One can always be used instead of the other but you will not get the same results.
I must say that the Food Processor is more effective than a hand Blender. A blender is good for kneading and blending, but as not an effective as a processor. A food processor can process a lot of ingredients together.
4. Can I use hot items in a processor?
Yes, you can but my advice not to use hot items as it will heat up the device very fast, it is better to first cool down the items and then use them to be processed in the food processor.
5. Can I process coffee beans on a processor?
Though it is not advisable to use coffee beans on the processor, you can use it. But you will end up with non-fine coffee beans which may or may not fit your natural coffee taste. To Process coffee beans there are various coffee beans processors available in the market.
6. How to make the best use of shredding, chopping, slicing on a processor?
Use the Low speed setting the get the best results with chopping, slicing, shredding, and high-speed settings for hard and soft ingredients.
7. Can I wash the processor in a dishwasher
Apart from Motor rest all parts of the food processor in India is dishwasher safe. Just make sure while cleaning them out you have to unplug it.
8. How to process fish or chicken?
9. Are a mixer and a food processor the same?
Food processors are the alternative version of mixers, you can also say Food processor is the mix of blender and mixer with lots of attachments and they can make your life easier. With the Food processor, we can do so many tasks together, which cannot be possible with the mixers.