Baby Bed Rails is a bed that is specially designed for toddlers and kids, keeping in kind the fact that small kids or toddlers have tendency to roll in their bed while sleeping.
Even if the kids are sleeping with parents, it is very difficult to hold them in their position. Under the circumstances these kids or toddlers fall off the bed and get hurt. Sometimes the injury to child is quite serious.
Hence to solve this problem, Baby Bed Rail can be a great option as it can be fixed on the bed and acts as a guard and protects the child from getting hurt.
The baby rails are soft, durable, washable, foldable and portable. The cloth that is attached to the bed rail has a fine mesh, so that kids or toddlers can breath properly and easily.
Here is a list of 10 BEST BABY RAILS that are easily available on the market.
Our Top Picks
Why Are Baby Bed Rails Are Important?
- Protect beyond falling – The baby bed rails have becomes so important as they become the natural habit nurturer for your young one. This happens due to the innate nature of a child to learn every time he bumps into the rail guard while going for the exploration spree.
- Cot – mattress binding – The baby bed rails fit snugly between the mattress and the cot to ensure that those little fingers can still be free while not getting hurt.
- Proper fitting for support – The Proper fit of the baby bed rails also becomes the passive support provided for the neck, hands, or head of your child while it is playing around. This is really very important since at the tender age of your child their body structures are quite faint and need that very essential support of the rail.
- Peace of mind – subsequently when you’ve made your sound choice of the best bed rail that matches your style and need – you get to have that much peace that will eventually allow you to play and enjoy the time with your little one.
Features Of The Baby Bed Rail
- Sliding – Slides under the mattress when not in use
- Adjustable – Adjustable to fit twin to queen-sized beds
- Enhanced safety features – Increased safety with the patented gap guard feature
- Added security – Provides a secure fit with anchoring straps that are also adjustable
- Removable – Washable and removable – fitted with mesh cover
- Durability – Constructed with durable steel
- Age support – for 6 months and above toddlers.
- Safety barrier – very essential to support the kid when it is playing, this safety barrier makes the product a great fit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BABY BED RAILS
The CPSC goes on to advise that bed rails should never be used with children under 2 years old, due to the increased risk that younger children might get trapped between the rail and their bed.
Poorly fitting bed rails have caused deaths where a person’s neck, chest or limbs become trapped in gaps between the bed rails or between the bed rail and the bed, headboard, or mattress. Other risks are: rolling over the top of the rail. climbing over the rail.
Bed rails must not be used as an alternative to patient one to one nursing or in the event of short staffing. If continuous supervision is required but not possible an ultra-low bed should be used, these can also be ordered via Medstrom.
Consider other alternatives when bed rails are not appropriate. Alternatives include: roll guards, foam bumpers, lowering the bed and using concave mattresses that can help reduce rolling off the bed.
There are two basic types of bed rails: Integral – Incorporated into the bed design and are already fitted to the bed frame. Some are full length while others are split. Third party – are not specific to any model.
Bed rails :The risk: They prevent young children from falling out of bed, but portable bed rails have caused the deaths of 18 children since 1990, according to the CPSC. Most were children under age 2 who got trapped in a gap between the bed rail and mattress.
The intended use of a bed rail is to prevent patients accidentally falling, slipping, sliding or rolling out of bed. Hospitalized patients may be at risk of falling from bed for several reasons e.g. poor mobility, dementia, visual impairment, or even the effects of medication or treatment.
What Age Do You Take the Bed Guard Off? The experts recommend the use of bed rails until age 5 because older children are less at risk of significant injuries from falling out of their bed. Sure, most 3 years old can climb in and out of their bed, and some start to escape the crib at 1 year old.