When it comes to working with tools, you need to have some protection. If you work with tools to make a living you must have felt or had some injuries while working. People like carpenters, welders are often injured as they work with sharp tools.
When it comes to metalwork, such as welding or using an Angle grinder for cutting, we must be extremely careful not to damage the hands or the face.
Welders need to work with heat and light from the welding arc. The bright light from the arc contains UV which can damage our eyes or cause problems with long-term vision. Keeping this in mind a welding helmet is required. Here are some of the best auto-darkening welding helmets in India that you can buy.
What is an Auto Darkening Welding Helmet?
As the name suggests it automatically darkens your view when strong light appears on it from the front. When it comes to heating, when the welder hits the arc on the metal he will burn, a light sparkle appears, depending on the number of amps supplied by the welding machine.
There are different types of welding such as Arc Welding, MIG Welding, TIG welding. Basically, the process is the same but we use different elements in different types of welding.
A Complete List Of The Best Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
|FIREWELD GB Welding Helmet||39.3 x 23.6 cm||See At Amazon|
|Homdum 92 x 42 mm||30 x 25 x 25 cm||See At Amazon|
|Eye Pro Special Nylon||96 x 34 mm||See At Amazon|
|iBELL Large Viewing||92 x 42 mm||See At Amazon|
|GB KORE ARC||–||See At Amazon|
|ATF Solar Power||20.32 x 20.32 x 27.94 cm||See At Amazon|
|Tooliom Battery Powered||30.5 x 25.4 x 17.8 cm||See At Amazon|
|KROST Ahm008||33 x 24.4 x 23.4 cm||See At Amazon|
|Geelife Solar Powered||42 x 31.6 x 22.5 cm||See At Amazon|
Best Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
About this item
- QUALITY : This quality lens gives you a variable shade (9-13), wide viewing area (3.93cm x 2.36cm), sensitivity and delay adjustments, four (4) independent auto dimming sensors and easy-to-use digital controls
- BASIC ADJUSTMENT MEETS DIFFERENT DEMANDS: Enjoy enhanced visibility and color recognition.
- ULTIMATE EYE PROTECTION:Auto-darkening filter switches from light to dark in 1/25000 sec, in event of electric failure, the welder remains protecting against UV and IR radiation
- GOOD FOR VARIOUS WORKING ENVIRONMENTS: Recommended to automotive, construction, and food & beverage manufacturing, metal production and fabrication, military maintenance, repair and operation (MRO), mining, oil and gas, transportation, etc. The Auto Darkening Filter (ADF) enables welders to adapt to various working environments by controlling the shade of the lens, with adjustments for sensitivity from ambient lighting sources
- Choose from grind and weld modes (use it for mig welding, tig welding and arc welding) on this value-centric welding mask
Searching for the best welding helmet in 2021. Years of welding have trained you to know exactly what you need in a hood: crucial comfort, large lens, and next-generation technology. Every special operation needs special equipment that gets the job done, and when it comes to your helmet, FIREWELD’s GB is worn by the best.
If you are serious about getting the job done, FIREWELD-GB is a brand you can trust backed by our fanatical customer service. We are offering our customers a wide range of Auto Darkening Welding Helmet. These helmets provide a clear view before welding and darken automatically as soon as the arc strikes. They offer optimum eye protection to the welder.
The use of automatic self darkening welding helmets is often the key to profitability when either production or precision welding. Unique adjustable headband and lightweight design offer maximum comfort. User-friendly high-tech electronics and precision optics allow for welding work of the highest possible standard and quality.
Solar-powered helmets use photovoltaic cells that are placed on top of the welding helmet to capture sunlight that they transform into their power source. The helmets also have a battery for the necessary power. Many people believe that the batteries are there as an extra source of power, but in actuality, these batteries provide power to the helmet and are charged by solar power.
They store energy and can be used for power, as long as they are charged or exposed to the Sun. Even if you are not directly under the Sun, the batteries are used to power up your helmet, and then the UV rays created when the arc is in play are used as a solar power source and charge the batteries.
The advantage here, of course, is that you are preserving regular battery, and the solar cells are doing all the heavy lifting, which is an economical way of using your helmet. Our auto-darkening welding helmet is highly reliable and backed by solid customer reviews. Add this to your cart now.
About this item
- VARIABLE SHADE CONTROL ON/OFF SWITCH variable din shades from 9 -10-11-12-13 with on/of switch to adjust the darkness as per your requirement, viewing area is 92mm x 42mm
- PROVIDE FULL PROTECTION FOR THE USER’S EYESand face against UV/IR radiation during the entire welding process, even in the light state. Double filter, avoid harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation produced by the arc, and welding light damage to the eyes.
- THE PROTECTION LEVEL in light state DIN 4 Dark state variable dar shade upto Din 13 It makes welders feel comfortable with welding working. High performance solar cells for better Experience.
- DESIGNED & EQUIPPED WITH A SPECIAL TURNOVER (UP & DOWN) HEADBAND making the welder feel more comfortable while at work. At the moment of your starting welding, the filter screen automatically changes from clear to dark.
- WITH FULLY ADJUSTABLE RATCHETING HEADGEAR including a very comfortable sweat band(washable). The head gear allows you to position the helmet further or closer away from your face.
Homedum is a product with many tools available in the Indian market. They are some of the leading sellers in toolboxes and toolsets. When it comes to welding hats, this is the type to go with as it has a wide variety of collections.
This Homedum Auto Darkening Welding helmet comes in a size of 92 x 42 mm suitable for most people.
It has a shade control switch that you can turn on / off based on need. Comes with shares from 9,10,11,12,13 which is a wide range of settings. The viewing area you find here is 92mm x 42 mm which is not enough for any welding operations.
When it comes to protection, you will find UV and IR protection here all over your face and eyes. The sensor used here is very sensitive and will be able to switch to welding mode as soon as it receives any light.
You get a variety of DIN settings here from 4 to 13 which will be great for any welding methods you use. Solar cells detect all external light changes and adjust the DIN value.
To speak of balance and finish, the helmet is made of high-quality materials and the headband used here is soft and holds the helmet in place even when you are walking while doing your work.
It comes with a washable sweatband that will absorb all the sweat while you are hot. Considering the features offered and the quality of the construction, this is one of the most automatic black hats in India that you can buy.
About this item
- Auto Darkening Welding Helmet DIN 9-13 externally Adjustable, Viewing area 96X34 MM, Light states : Din 4
- Digital Welding Helmet
- ultra light designing, wearing comfortable High performance solar cells Sensitivity and delay time is adjustable
When it comes to safety issues, Eye pro is a product with many options available on the market. If you are looking for the best black hat under 1500 Eye pro hat is the one you should check out.
It comes with sturdy plastic construction and a lightweight design. You can keep it long without stress on your head and neck. Even with a small helmet, the equipment used here will be durable and long-lasting.
When it comes to the DIN setting, we find a variety of options available here. It has a 9 to 13 DIN range that will help you set the exact amount you may need while performing your task.
The visible area here is 96 X 34 mm larger compared to the previous welding hat we tested. Being a digital welding helmet, the quality of the glass used here is good and you can see the welding area clearly without any problem.
The straps are also high quality and you can adjust the size of the band based on the size of your head. There are some nice features in this hat like that you will be able to adjust the default blackout time according to your need.
Solar cells are highly sensitive and respond quickly to ambient light. You can also use this welding helmet while performing any other task such as cutting or piercing as protection for your eyes and face.
Eye pro has a good list of service centers across the country and if you need a budget black hat he is the one to go with.
About this item
- [AUTO-DARKENING FILTER] This automatically changes from a light state to a dark state when an arc is struck, and returns to the light state when welding stops.
- [SECURED WORKING CONDITIONS] This protects your eyes and face from sparks and harmful UV/IR radiations as this helmet’s switch time automatically darkens the lens the moment you start welding or grinding.
- [BATTERY & SOLAR POWERED] The helmet is both battery and solar energy powered, it utilizes high performance solar cells as power supply and 3V lithium coin battery as a power back-up.
- [PARAMETERS] The Shade Control is used manually to dial in the shade number needed (from DIN 9 to 13) for different welding operations and ‘GRIND’ (DIN 4) for grinding. Lens delay adjusts from 0.1 to 1 seconds. Sensitivity control make the lens more responsive to different light levels in various welding processes.
- [READY FOR USE] This welding helmet comes ready for use. The only thing you need to do before welding is to adjust the position of the headband and select the correct shade number for your application.
When it comes to tools and resources, iBell is a popular brand in India. Made in India brand and they have products from various parts. It is a powerful tool that is one of the most reliable products. If you are planning to buy a welding helmet to use professional welding then this model comes to the fore.
It comes with a solid performance section and a wide viewing section so you can see the welding work clearly. Like the other Arc hats we have explored in this section, this model also comes with a quick dark feature that makes it dark to look at when the arc has been hit.
With a high-speed response while heating, you will get complete protection of your eyes during long days of welding work. Unlike the other black hats we have tested, this model comes with battery power and solar power that make it last really long.
Solar cells are used as electric power and secondary power is available as a 3V charge battery. If you work in a dark place, this helmet will be much better for you.
When it comes to DIN settings, we can have a wide range of values here from 9 to 13 that we can control using the dialing provided.
The lens delay we get here is 0.1 to 1 second which is quite impressive. With a long-lasting shell used and a quick response time, while hitting the arc, this is one of the most automatic black hats in India that you can buy.
About this item
- Safety & Protection : Passive Filter with Permanent shade UV/IR, providing sufficient and accurate shade range to visible lights; Full face neck coverage protecting welders from spatters and harmful radiant.
- Comfort & Convenience : Very light total weight, reduces head and neck stress; Fully automatic auto darkening lens, eliminating flipping up and down the hood
- Performance : Premium redundant arc sensors, with highly responsive detecting and controlling units providing super-fast switching time and accurate auto shading, minimizing harmful radiant bypass, avoiding eye stress
- Versatility, Good for Various Working Environments : A great personal protection equipment designed for industrial use that can handle multiple processes of Plasma cutting, abrasive wheel cutting/grinding, DC TIG, AC TIG, MIG/MAG, MMA/Stick welding, which are popular in metal fabrication industry, welding schools, welding shops, auto manufacturing and repair industry, ship factories as well as DIY hobbyists projects
- Package : 1 Solar Powered Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet (Universal size, fit to all) with free gift inside, Make in INDIA, We support Local for Vocal
This is another welding helmet that you can add to the list that comes under Rs 2000 in India. GB core is an established product with many resources and power tools in the Indian market.
With a Passive filter and a permanent UV and IR filter, this protective helmet with a black feature will give you the best protection for your face and eyes. The helmet has a large surface area that can cover the following and provide excellent protection from harmful radiation.
The plastic used here lasts a very long time but the GB Kore has made sure to keep the weight of the helmet light which will help in wearing the helmet for a long time. The company used the most unwanted arc sensors here that are highly responsive and respond quickly when the arc is hit.
With testing done on various types of welding requirements such as MIG, TIG, MAG, and Stick Welding, you can consider this hat anywhere. Solar panels in a protective helmet are light and durable without problems.
A full-face cover is another advantage here as it provides protection from the smoke that is emitted during the burn. The headband of this helmet can be adjusted according to the different sizes of the head and we get a sweat-resistant belt on the hat that makes it really comfortable to wear.
About this item
- ATF Solar Powered Matte Black Welding Helmet Has Been Designed and Manufactured to Protect Face and Eyes From Risks (Strong Arc Rays and Hot Metal Projections) When Welding, Meet Your Need For Daily Welding Works Like Electro-Weldings, Gas Shielded Welding, Argon-Arc Welding, TIG ,MIG MAG ,MMA, Plasma Cutting Machines With Adjustable and Comfortable Headband Design
- Viewing Area: 3.94’’X1.97” (100 x 50 mm),Fully Automatic Power On/Off. With the Top Optical Class 1/1/1/1, UV/IR protection DIN 16 , 4 Arc Sensors
- Dark Shade DIN11, Light Shade DIN3, Switching Time (from Light to Dark): <0.1ms( Room Temperature +23℃) ,Delay Time(Dark to Light):0.25-0.45s Automatic, Weld/Grind/CUT Model:Weld, Operating Temperature:-10℃-+60℃, Storing Temperature:-20℃-+70℃
- Package Includes: 1 X Welding MASK Matte Black, 1 X Auto Darkening Welding Filter 501F, 1 X Adjustable Headgear ,1 X User Manual, 1 X Spare Cover Lens ,1 X Warranty Card Two Years Warranty
- 5000hours Makes You Feel Better For Long Time Working,Balanced With Adjustable Headgear Tthat Wears Comfortable and Relieves Fatigue
ARC has many welding-related resources and is one of the most popular products when it comes to welding work. This model is tested for various types of welding such as Gas Shielded Welding, Argon-Arc Welding, and stick welding so it will be suitable for professionals.
To put it bluntly, we get a viewing area of 100 x 50 mm which is one of the largest on this list. You will be able to sweep a large area with this welding hat. Supports a feature similar to the Auto Turn / Off feature that helps save battery life.
It comes with a UV-resistant optical glass top that provides the best protection against UV and IR radiation from heat. The helmet comes with 4 ARC sensors that provide instant response to arc strikes.
With 11 DIN settings, you will get the best DIN repair levels in this hat. This makes the Auto darkening feature as good as you can set the level you want. Expected delay in this turnaround when the arc is hit by 0.25-0.45s faster than other options.
Having a lightweight design, this protective helmet is a great way to consider professionals and therapists working at high altitudes and in industry.
About this item
- 3.64 x 1.67 in. (6.1 sq.inch) Viewing Area
- 1/1/1/2 Optical classification
- TL-L600A welding lens allows you to choose from shade 9-13 weld mode or shade 4 grind mode
- With Delay & Sensitivity Adjustment
- Comes Complete With: 1 Welding Helmet x 1 Replaceable Battery x 2 Replacement Outer Lens x 1 Replacement Inner Lens x 1 User Manual
About this item
- Viewing area- 92x42mm
- Adjustable sensitivity control.
- Power on/off:. (solar cell power)
- Colour: black
- Material type: others
- package contents: ahm008 ahm008 auto darkening welding helmet
The stainless steel bolt and nut is perhaps the ultimate improvement in fastener technology. It stands proved that the initial higher cost is more than justified in terms of longevity, freedom from rust and corrosion, easy to remove and reuse over and over again, and provides perfect safe preservation of the conjoined parent components that the ss bolt and nut helps to bond firmly together.
About this item
- The light valve (LCLV) in this product can turn from light to dark at the moment of electricity arc appearing, with the principle of photoelectric. The darkness degree can be adjusted between DIN 9 and 13.
- UV-IR filtering assembly consists of reflective coated glass, multi-layer light valve (LCLV) and polarizer. It can effectively block the ultraviolet radiation and infrared ray from get through, then effectively protect the eyes of the workers against the dama-ges ofultraviolet radiation and infrared ray.
- Automatic darkening helmet has wider coverage than common helmet. It can be used to protect the face and neck against the damages of the electricity arc and improve the product quality and working efficiency.
- Automatic darkening helmet is widely used in shipbuilding, petroleum, Architecture, steel, boiler-manufacture and so on. The working temperature range is -5℃ – 55℃. The limited working temperature range is -10℃ – 60℃. The limited storage temperature range is -20℃ – 70℃. The relative humidity range is 20% – 80%.
- If there are any quality problems of the product in the conditions of within 18 months from date of delivery, the application of customer meeting to USER’S MANUAL’S requirements and correct using, we guarantee to give free repair or free replacement.
Geelife Self Dimming Safety and Soft Welding Helmets with Grinding Shield Professional Full Face Protection Design Quick Change Automatic Darking Tinting Welding Hoods with Large View Area for Youth Women Men.
Benefits of using Auto-Darkening Helmets
- We usually wear some type of protection when we weld The protective helmet will always help to reduce exposure to UV radiation while welding and also protects the skin of our face from the heat and smoke produced during the weld.
- There is a place in the welding helmet where we can see the welding arc and the welding area in the Iron. Older helmets use a much darker type of glass and when we wear that helmet, we will not be able to see what is happening in front of us or the exact location you are burning.
- To solve this problem and simplify the welding process, an Auto-darkening welding helmet is introduced With a black protective helmet, you will be able to see the exact location you are welding.
- When the Arc is hit, the panel you see when the welding is dark and when the welding is stopped is clear. This makes the process easier. Your eyes are safe and you will find protection in your face as well.
Best Auto Darkening Welding Helmet – Buying Guide
Even if this is a good thing to have if you are a welder or want a welding glass or iron you need to consider some points here before buying.
When it comes to tools and accessories, durability is something to consider before buying. The tools will be used in a variety of situations and if the tool lasts a long time it will be able to stay that way in any case. When it comes to welding helmets, we need to look at the materials they are made of.
Welding is a process in which there will be a high temperature during the process. If the plastic used in the black hat is not good at that time, it will melt and become damaged which will make it difficult to use the helmet during welding.
Size or Fit
The size of the head may vary from person to person and if you are wearing a helmet, you should be comfortable so that you can work with it for a long time. To keep this in mind you should check the size of the black wig to match the size of your head. There are different sizes available in the market for different people.
If you are wearing something that is really important and if what you have is heavy, you will feel it if it is heavy and you cannot put it on for long.
Normally Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is not very heavy but there are other options made of durable materials with advanced protection on them that will ultimately increase the weight of the hat.
Keeping a heavy helmet on your head will cause you to have neck pain and reduce the amount of time you can work. Lightweight helmets are the way you should go if you are a professional printer or do long-term welding jobs every day.
Auto darkening feature
This is the main purpose of getting such a hat. Automatic darkening of the helmet works based on the amount of light that falls on the nerves.
When you hit the arc the light becomes higher, then the sensor will see the light and make the glass in front of the hat darker to keep your eyes safe.
The response to the darkening factor should be quick enough to keep it safe from your eyes even if you work all day. Beautiful brands with high-quality sensors on their helmets respond quickly and give you better protection.
Finally, the determining factor here is the price. If you are not a professional and need a vacuum cleaner for your home then getting a cheap hat will be a good option. If you need to work long days and do welding activities as part of your life you should consider a high-end hat that will last a long time and last a long time.
Frequently asked questions about Welding Helmets
Yes. There is no reason to still use an antique welding helmet. No matter what you do, a protective helmet that darkens, protects your skin, your eyes, and will make your hair look better and make your life a lot easier.
Most auto-darkening technologies operate between 1 / 25,000 and 1 / 10,000 seconds, depending on product labels. Very slowly, that is less than one millisecond.
An easy way to test a self-charging welding helmet is to use the flashlight used to illuminate the oxy-acetylene torch. Use the invader and create sparks. Your helmet sensor should quickly detect sparks and your helmet should switch to black mode.
Yes. If used properly, black-and-white helmets are safer, and they are safer than wipes. Self-protective helmets do not need to be opened and closed, which helps the welder focus on their projects and reduces the risk of errors and injuries. Welders have a variety of options when choosing a protective helmet.
Using an IR signal TV remote control works because the heat shields block both UV and IR light. Therefore, by wearing your helmet, pointing the remote control over it, and pressing any buttons on the remote control, the automatic blackening feature should launch and go into its darkness.
A protective helmet that darkens is a vital part of a welding machine. Many electric hats that darken automatically are powered by batteries, which means you may have to change the batteries from time to time as they run out of power. Replacing batteries is an important skill that you must have as a welding professional.
A protective helmet is one of the most important safety features used by a welder. The dark-welded welding cap incorporates a fast-moving lens to protect the burner’s eyes from harmful UV light created during the welding process.
Non-rechargeable battery life is about 7 years, the downside being that once the battery is off, the lens does not work. A black protective helmet and sunscreen are a good investment because the panel allows you to start heating faster.