Best Air Purifier In India With Price Comparison | Review & Buyer Guide
An air purifier is a compact device that removes dust, smoke, pet hair and dander, harmful allergens, and various other floating impurities from the air. It ensures that the air you breathe is pure.
One more thing is obvious you don’t want to waste Plenty of hours searching through hundreds of websites just to find the best-rated air purifiers that fit your specific needs.
Well, you’re in luck!
What Are Air Purifiers?
Since we burn through the greater part of the at-home we have higher odds of introduction to each one of those perilous allergens.
This is the place Air purifiers can improve the situation a ton. It, for the most part, comprises effective particulate channels that are intended to take out practically 99.97% of airborne allergens.
Below, you’ll see a list of the Top 11 Air Purifiers for 2021 that continue to outsell any other products in the market. I can assure you that whichever you chose you will get a healthy air quality.
Best Air Purifier In India- Our Top Picks
|S NO.||Air Purifier||Weight||Power Source||Warranty||Price|
|1.||Honeywell Air Purifier i5||6.5 Kg||Electric||12 months manufacturer warranty||View At Amazon|
|2.||Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier||5.24 g||Electric||5 Years of Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Parts.||View At Amazon|
|3.||Philips High Efficiency Air Purifier||7700 g||Electric||5 Years of Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Parts.||View At Amazon|
|4.||Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier||6650 g||Electric||5 Years of Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Parts.||View At Amazon|
|5.||Philips AC3257 Air Purifier||13 kg 900 g||Corded Electric||2-year warranty from date of purchase on the main device||View At Amazon|
|6.||KENT Aura Room Air Purifier||5 Kg||Corded Electric||1 Year Warranty||View At Amazon|
|7.||Coway Professional Air Purifier||5.5 Kg||Corded Electric||5 Years Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Product.||View At Amazon|
|8.||Mi Air Purifier 2C||4.1 Kg||Electric||1-year warranty from date of purchase on the main device||View At Amazon|
|9.||Blue Star BS-AP490LAN 915 CMH 88-Watt Air Purifier||8000 g||Corded Electric||You can add a protection plan.||View At Amazon|
|10.||TruSens Z-1000 Air Purifier||3.5 Kg||Electric||You can add a protection plan.||View At Amazon|
|11.||Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier||8 Kg||Corded Electric||5 Years of Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Parts||View At Amazon|
1. Honeywell Air Purifier i5
- Combined filter with High-efficiency HEPA and activated carbon filter that eradicates any microscopic pollutant and allergens above 0.3 microns including PM2.5 and pollens Three stage advanced filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 250 cu m/hr, offers up to 30 sq. m coverage area for a room with 2.74m height. Suitable for bedrooms and living room
- Air Touch I5 indoor air purifier by Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil etc. and improves the life of HEPA filter
The Honeywell Air Touch i5 air purifier takes in air from the sides and base, discharges unadulterated air from the top at a point proper to guarantee ideal airflow.
An honor-winning plan created remembering Honeywell User Experience standards, the home air purifier offers a consistent item experience that is totally DIY regarding the establishment, use, and channel substitution.
No sharp edges, an enemy of fall structure with zero introduction to channels guarantees that there is no hazard to your kids in the event that they happen to contact the home air purifier.
CADR of 250 cu.m/hr guarantees the purifier can tidy up a room of size up to 30 Sq.m in only 10 minutes. High CADR guarantees successful cleaning in the bedroom just as living rooms
High filter life of 3000 hrs for the composite filter and extremely low force utilization imply you acquire a low running expense of purifier. The filter runs for around 9 months when you utilize the purifier for 8 hours every day.
2. Philips Air purifier removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with 4-stage filtration model AC1215/20
- Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and products Effective Filtration Size (in microns) >= 0.02 and for 0.3+ microns is 99.97%, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
- 4-color air quality indicator gives real-time air quality feedback, Packaging: > 90% recycled materials
- 4 Stage Filtration process through pre-filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 Grade TRUE HEPA Filter
- Removes 99.90% bacteria and viruses, tested to remove airborne H1N1 virus
- Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes with a CADR of 270 m3/hour (Standard room size is 18 ft by 12 ft with an 8 ft ceiling height). Recommended room area: 226-333 sq ft.
This Philips air purifier is an amazing item that evacuates 99.97% of airborne particles, henceforth demonstrating perfect for your kids’ rooms.
The Philips air purifier accompanies energizing features like NightSense Auto Mode. The VitaShield IPS plan, alongside the NanoProtect channel, empowers a supported clear air delivery rate of 270m3/hr.
This air purifier takes out ultra-fine particles as little as 0.02µm. It can likewise keep destructive gases like TVOC and formaldehyde under control.
The additional thick NanoProtect HEPA guarantees higher effectiveness and lifetime insurance against airborne contaminants. The Philips Air purifier includes an Auto Purification mode to recognize and evacuate PM 2.5 level contaminations.
- High-quality performance
- Perfect for people with asthma and other breathing issues
- Comes with safety features
- You cannot clean the HEPA filter and activated carbon filter with water
3. Philips Air Purifier High-Efficiency AC2887/20
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) filter type
- AeraSense Technology: Real-time PM 2.5 measurement and display with professional-grade sensing technology
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 333 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic meters) which an air purifier produces every hour. The clean air delivery rate (CADR) is 200 m³/h
- Coverage area: 441 sq. ft, suitable for bedroom/living room (large), Air quality sensor(s): Aerasense PM2.5 sensor
- Sound level : 20.5-51 dB(A); Frequency : 50/60 Hz; Power : 11~60 W; Voltage : 220 V
Philips AC2887/20 channel lifetime is determined precisely by thinking about indoor contamination, wind stream, and working time.
The Healthy Air Protect highlight cautions you about the adjustment in the channels at a suitable time.
One of the featuring parts of this air purifier is the low commotion it makes, in this way guaranteeing undisturbed rest for the family. It is additionally advantageous to diminish the lights or turn them off on the UI to give higher comfort.
The VitaShield IPS innovation helps air conveyance rate up to 344 m3/hr, in this way guaranteeing to take out the ultrafine particles as little as 20nm.
It additionally diminishes the spread of hurtful gases like formaldehyde and VOC. By expelling 99.9% of microscopic organisms, this air purifier demonstrates its effectiveness as truly outstanding in the business.
- Automatic switch-off/on when power cuts
- Durable filter
- Capable of handling rooms as large as 800 square feet
- The high cost is a discouraging point to buy
4. Dyson Air Purifier Pure Cool Link Tower Model-TP03
- Dyson purifiers have a lower face velocity unlike some other conventional purifiers. This, along with the high-efficiency VACUUM SEALED 360° Glass HEPA FIlter ensures that harmful ultra-fine pollutants are NOT released back into the room & stay captured in the filter media
- Manufacturer warranty only applicable on products sold by seller “Dyson India”. No other seller offers manufacturer warranty from brand Dyson in India
- Engineered to project and circulate purified air across LARGE spaces. Dual functionality with fan feature along with air purification
- Intelligent Purification; Automatically removes 99.95% of allergens & pollutants as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns) including dust, pollen, mold spores, bacteria, pet dander, VOCs and other harmful gases/odors
- Air Multiplier technology and oscillation feature to powerfully project and circulate purified air throughout the room. Cord length: 1.9m
If you want to dispose of pollutants as little as PM 0.1, the best choice for you is Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Wi-Fi empowers air purifier.
This air purifier utilizes Air Multiplier innovation to circulate purified air all through the room.
Dyson air purifiers have a low face speed alongside a high-productivity HEPA channel. This sifting innovation guarantees that the destructive contaminations stay caught in the screen and don’t discover their way over into the room.
Observing the Dyson air purifier is simple in view of the accessibility of the Dyson Link App. This application empowers you to see the live air quality measurements and screen the nature of air coursing inside the room.
- Perfect for those living in highly polluted areas
- HEPA filter technology
- Good value for money
- Priced a little bit on the higher side
5.Philips Air Purifier AC3257
- Room size: up to 1108 ft² Captures 0.003um particles Special Allergen mode CADR*: 397 m3/h
- Real-time PM2.5 feedback and 4 color AQI light
- Advanced NanoProtect Filter delivers all-around protection
- Ultra silent under sleep mode with only 33db
- Superior purification can be applied to the max. 1108 ft² room
Room size: up to 1108 ft² Captures 0.003um particles Special Allergen mode CADR*: 397 m3/h Advanced NanoProtect Filter conveys all-around insurance.
The additional thick NanoProtect HEPA and AC channel are intended for unrivaled cleaning effectiveness and lifetime against airborne particles.
Better cleaning can be applied than max. 1108 ft² room Vitashield with an optimal design plan and additional thick NanoProtect HEPA Filter support clean air conveyance to 397 m3/h, that can be applied to up to 1108 ft² room.
It can expel 99.97% of particles as little as 0.003um* (in excess of multiple times littler than PM2.5), evacuates 99.97%* basic airborne allergens, 99.9% microscopic organisms, and some infections, for example, H1N1*.
It additionally gives you guaranteed insurance from hurtful gases like scent and TVOC. Constant PM2.5 input and 4 shading AQI light The numerical PM2.5 pointer along with 4-advance shading ring criticism gives continuous indoor air quality.
- Quality air protect alert
- Advanced nano protect filter
- Automatically adjusts the fan speed
6. KENT Air Purifier Aura Room 45-Watt with HEPA Technology
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 29
- Product will be having white background but design color may vary as per availability
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 180 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour
- 0 sq. ft. / 27 sq. mtrs., suitable for bedroom/living room (medium) ; Input Power Supply: Single Phase 200-240 V, AC 50/60 Hz
- 1 Year Warranty
Kent Aura air purifier accompanies progressed HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) innovation which can adequately expel 99.9% of hurtful PM 2.5 toxins from the air.
The HEPA filter has an antibacterial covering that executes all the microscopic organisms from the air.
An inbuilt ionizer improves the freshness of the air and keeps air in your home fresh at all occasions. It accompanies a savvy light blue pencil to screen the air quality.
The enacted carbon channels utilized in the Kent Air purifier can without much of a stretch evacuate the foul smell, formaldehyde, Cigarette smoke, pet scent, smoke, and different pollutants generally found at homes and workplaces.
7. Coway Air Purifier Sleek Pro AP-1009
- Air Purifiers are 100% made in Korea Air Purifier Type- Sleek Air Purifier
- Air Purifying Method: Green Anti-flu HEPA Technology. | Reddot Design Award Winner Coverage Area: 355 sq. ft / 33 sq. m. (Air Purifiers Most Suitable for Bed Rooms, Small Offices) | Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 303 cubic m/hr (CADR is Volume of fresh, clean air given in an hour) | Super Silent Operation of Air Purifier
- Unique Air Filtration Process- Pre Filter, Patented Urethane Carbon Filter (To Deodorize the air)
- Our Multi-Layered Anti-Flu Green HEPA Filter effectively traps PM2.5 particles allowing only clean air to pass through Optimized Airflow: innovative flow path design allows for a slimmer air purifier design with more efficient and maximum airflow
- Dimensions (WHD): 335 x 686 x 204 mm | Gross Weight: 6.5 Kg
- One-Touch AirSpeed Adjustment: Four Speed Steps (1-3, Turbo)
- Real-Time Air Quality Indicator: Clean, Low Pollution, Medium Pollution, High Pollution Longest Green Anti-flu HEPA Filter Life: 8500 hours Supply: 230 Volts, 50 Hz.
- Power Consumption: 38 Watts. ,Noise: 22-49 dB.
The Coway Air Purifier includes a smooth design that performs honorably as well as looks satisfying to the eye.
This machine utilizes HEPA cleansing to convey high-quality unadulterated air to your family.
The air purifier is perfect for rooms estimating around 350 square feet, subsequently making it reasonable for use in our family rooms and living rooms the same.
The CADR of 303 m3/hr guarantees abundant conveyance of unadulterated air to all the edges of the room.
This air purifier deals with a 3-phase filtration process including,
- Pre-filter that expels the enormous residue and overwhelming toxins
- The licensed Urethane Carbon filter that disposes of terrible smell and hurtful gases
- The multi-layer HEPA filter to wipe out PM 2.5 particles
- Worldwide reputed brand
- Perfect for Indian bedrooms
- Excellent filtration process
- No night mode feature
8. Mi Air Purifier 2C
- True HEPA Filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.97 percent for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- Real-time air quality indicator
- 360 Degree Air Intake for efficient filtration
- Effective Coverage Area of up to 452 Sqft
- Best in class CADR of 350 m3/h
This Mi 2C air purifier accompanies 3600-air consumption features to guarantee effective filtration and dissemination of unadulterated air all through the room.
This air purifier offers a CADR of 350 m3/hr, along these lines ensuring an inclusion region of almost 452 square feet. Along these lines, this air purifier is perfect for living rooms just as bedrooms.
The Real-Time Air Quality Indicator is a valuable component, as it screens the air quality and showcases the cleansing levels on an ongoing premise.
One of the features of this machine is the one-button control included for smooth activity.
- Highly efficient as easy to install and operate
- Perfect CADR to ensure adequate air purification
- Changing filters is easy
- No night mode features
- Makes some noise during manual operation
9. Blue Star Air Purifier BS-AP490LAN 915 CMH 88-Watt
- SensAir Technology and Microbe sterilize; 1 to 24 Hour setting on the Digital Timer for setting a time preferred by user to switch the device on our off
- Coverage Area- 800 Sq.Ft.
- PM2.5 Numeric Display
- 7 Stage Purification
- True HEPA and Formaldehyde removal+Cold Catalyst filters
The Blue Star 490 LAN Air Purifier is the ideal all-rounder item that deals with each of the three kinds of air toxins, physical, substance, and microbiological with the assistance of a 7 phase filtration component and furthermore has a high inclusion region of up to 800 sq. ft. giving it the upside of a more extensive reach and high filtration precision.
The high thickness aluminum pre-channel evacuates huge size fine residue particles. The chilly impetus channel and formaldehyde expulsion channel together retain and expel hostile scents, benzene, TVOCs, formaldehyde smoke, and VOCs.
The antibacterial channel helps oppose bacterial development, moreover, a True HEPA channel traps the fine residue particulate issues up to PM10 and PM2.5.
Lastly, the organism disinfect innovation deactivates airborne microorganisms and microscopic organisms like E Coli, fungi, and staphylococcus.
10.TRUSENS AIR Purifier Z-1000 230V EU + HEPA Drum Filter
- This bundle includes a unit of TruSens Z-3000 air purifier and a box of the replacement HEPA filter
- DUAL AIRFLOW: Pure direct proprietary technology splits clean air into two air streams, delivering purified air more comfortably and efficiently throughout the room Proven to be 24% more efficient
- Contemporary air purifier combines DuPont filtration with a unique approach to delivering cleaner air
- UltraViolet sterilization destroys germs and viruses that can build up on the filter, preventing re-circulation of live germs
- CAPTURES AND DESTROYS POLLUTANTS: 360-degree DuPont filtration captures pollutants such as allergens, voc gases and microscopic particles with our 4 levels of purification
TruSens Z-1000 Air Purifier has 360 HEPA Filtration with DuPont filter. The UV light sterilization kills bacteria germs odor allergens in-home and dual airflow for Full Coverage (Small)
A mechanically propelled air purifier with DuPont filtration lessens poisons in your own space and improves your home air quality. The smooth structure and reduced style are perfect for any little space.
It was found that the ideal conveyance of cleaner air all through a room was from a double stream of wind stream, with purposeful edges and a split of air volume between every outlet.
TruSens Air Purifier Replacement Filter 2-in-1 HEPA Drum for Z-1000 (Small)
The filter is at the center of decontaminating your air and substituting it is fundamental for ideal air purifier execution.
This 2-in-1 channel consolidates a carbon prefilter for catching enormous particles like hair and residue with a HEPA-type filter for catching little particles. Intended for trousers z-1000 air purifier.
11. Honeywell Air Purifier Air Touch i8 42-Watt
- Presenting Air Touch i8 indoor air purifier with real-time PM2.5 meter by Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil, etc
- Versatile Coverage Area and efficiency – CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) – 300 cu m/hr, offers up to 36 Sq.m coverage area for a room with 2.74m height – suitable for use in living rooms and bedrooms
- Three-stage advanced filtration system with combined patented HiSiv and HEPA filter that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency, Type of sensors: Laser
- Measure the real-time pollution level inside your room with the PM2.5 meter onboard the purifier. No need to invest in another meter
Honeywell Air Touch air purifier is not the same as the other air purifiers talked about here, as it takes in air from the sides and the base while discharging it from the top.
It guarantees ideal air dissemination. Other quality highlights incorporate DIY establishment, zero sharp edges, convenient filter replacement, and agreeable use.
This air purifier includes a CADR of 300 m3/hr to filter a typically measured 36 square-meter room in around ten minutes. Accordingly, it is a perfect air purifier to have both in your family room and bedrooms.
- Durable filter life of around 3,000 hours
- Cleans a normal-sized room within ten minutes
- Highly energy efficient
- Makes a bit of noise while running
- Inadequate after-sales service
12.Havells Air Purifier Freshia AP-40 80-Watt
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – True HEPA Technology, Noiseless BLDC Motor
- Unique Safety Controls: Auto mode, Sleep mode, Child lock, Manual Timer Setting, Automatic Filter Replacement reminder, Dust Sensor
- Coverage area: 755 sq. ft. per hour / 40 sq. mtrs., especially suitable for bedrooms
- Wattage: 80 watts with 3 levels Fan Speed
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 350 m3/hr (755 sq.ft); CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour
You need not stress over indoor air contamination on the grounds that with the Havells Freshia Air Purifier, your encompassing will be as new and sound. Furnished with cutting-edge HEPA air purifiers, this purifier makes the indoor air sheltered, solid and liberated from toxins.
Havells air purifier can filter P.M. 2.5 up to 0.3-micron particles with an evacuation effectiveness of 99.18 percent. Additionally, it has a quiet mode and wellbeing in addition to bolt with simple versatility, ideal for your home
The Havells Freshia Air Purifier has a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 350 m³/h (755 square feet). This shows the volume of the refined air (in cubic meters) which an air purifier can deliver each hour.
Featuring a Smart Air Technology, the Havells Freshia Air Purifier has 5 Stages of Filtration which offers you sound natural air: Pre-Filter Cold Catalyst Activated Carbon Antibacterial and HEPA Technology
How Do Air Purifiers Work?
Air purifiers normally consist of a filter, or various filters, and a fan that sucks in and circles air. As air travels through the filter, contaminations and particles are caught and the perfect air is pushed out into the living space.
Normally, channels are made of paper, fiber (frequently fiberglass), or work, and require standard substitution to maintain efficiency.
How every now and again you should change channels differs dependent on the purifier type and utilization. A few filters are reusable and launderable, however, they require fastidious upkeep, so you don’t, for the most part, discover them on the best air purifiers.
Reusable filters are commonly better at expelling bigger particles from the air, similar to tidy parasites and dust. You’ll additionally discover UV filters available, which regularly guarantee to pulverize natural polluting influences like form or microscopic organisms, yet many require higher wattage and more noteworthy introduction to be successful, and also a few microorganisms are UV resistant.
Other air purifiers use ionizers to help draw in particles like static — negative particles cling to residue and allergens and make them settle out of the air.
In case you’re keen on purchasing an air cleaner that utilizes ionizers, ensure it doesn’t create ozone, a gas comprising three oxygen molecules that are frequently advertised as helping separate contaminations since ozone could be a lung aggravation and further disturb asthma conditions.
Normally the air purifiers with ozone will have that recorded on bundling or in the marketing portrayals.
What Are Air Purifiers Supposed To Filter Out — And Do They Actually Do It?
Most filters available are intended to catch particles like residue and dust, yet don’t get gases like VOCs(volatile organic compounds) or radon.
That would require an adsorbent, as actuated carbon. Truth be told, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) cautions that the usefulness of air purifiers is constrained as far as sifting through gases and that you should much of the time trade channels for ideal usefulness, typically about each three or so months.
So while many air purifiers are acceptable at sifting toxin particles through the air (dust, smoke, dust, and so forth.), they are not really truly adept at evacuating vaporous contaminations like VOCs or radon from the air that may collect from cement, paints, or cleaning items.
Allergens that are implanted into furniture or ground surface are likewise not caught by them. Also, the adequacy of air purifiers in true circumstances likely won’t imitate those of controlled conditions in a lab (what those “99% viability” claims are alluding to!).
The area, establishment, stream rate, and to what extent it is working for will all change, as will the conditions in the space. Moreover, there are different things occurring in your home that may impact the viability like ventilation (open or shut windows), and new particles are continually rising, so the air may not be as separated as the cases may have you accept.
In the event that you are worried about shape, we’d prescribe purchasing a dehumidifier or humidifier to help keep up the fitting dampness levels in your home and fight off form development issues.
Air purifiers don’t forestall form development, so it is important to dispense with the wellspring of dampness that is permitting it to develop.
So… Should I buy An Air Purifier?
Before you do, realize that air purifiers are not a fix-all. There is next to no clinical proof to help that air purifiers legitimately help improve your wellbeing or lighten hypersensitivities and respiratory manifestations.
That is expected to some degree to the way that it is hard to isolate the impacts of known air-quality toxins in your home from other ecological and hereditary variables. For example, how are the decorations and ventilation in your home influencing you notwithstanding any indoor poisons?
But on the off chance that you are a sensitivity or asthma victim, an air purifier with HEPA filters might be useful for you as it will be acceptable at expelling fine airborne particles.
You need uncommon kinds of air purifiers to handle these contaminations. We will talk about these viewpoints.
In any case, before that, you should know about certain usually utilized terms most definitely. You will go over these terms for all intents and purposes each time you open a conversation on air purifiers.
Contaminations are of different sizes. PM2.5 alludes to those particulate issues having breadth under 2.5 micrometers.
Generally made an interpretation of, it adds up to 3% of the thickness of a human hair. Particles of this size are not obvious to the unaided eye. Yet, they are available in the air.
They can make perilous damage to the lungs and different organs of our body should we breathe in them all the time.
Similarly, as PM2.5 refers to the particulate issue having a distance across of 2.5 micrometers or less, PM10 refers to the comparable issue having a breadth of 10 micrometers or less.
Relatively, they are bigger estimated particles. They can likewise cause extraordinary mischief when we breathe in them.
CADR: Clean Air Delivery Rate
To put it basically, CADR is a proportion of how rapidly the air purifier functions. The resultant figure signifies what number of cubic feet of air the air purifier can cleanse in one moment.
You likewise have this figure in cubic meters every hour. The higher the CADR, the better is the presentation of the air purifier. There are diverse CADR numbers for residue, dust, and smoke most definitely.
To Read More: CADR In Air Purifier
HEPA: High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance/Adsorption/Air
The chief employment of the HEPA channel is to trap the residue and earth. There are various methods of catching the polluting influences relying upon the size of the molecule.
These are inertial impaction, dispersion, block attempt, or sieving. It is basic that the air purifiers have a HEPA filters to perform effectively. All the ten air purifiers examined above have HEPA filters.
We have recently observed that HEPA filters are one kind of sifting machine present noticeable all around purifiers.
There are several additional sorts of air filters, for example, initiated carbon filters, particle and ozone generators, and pre-filters. Let us presently take a gander at these procedures in a nutshell.
This is typically the principal line of protection from debasements. You much have seen instances of the pre-filters in AC units. They are either made of froth or non-woven polyester material.
They trap the bigger particles of residue, creature hair, and different debasements.
Activated Carbon filters
The primary duty of the activated carbon filters is to dispose of VOCs and the terrible smell brought about by various types of materials and gases.
Enacted carbon filters adsorb the smells and unsavory gases and kill them. One pound of activated carbon has a surface territory of around 60 to 150 sections of land.
In this way, the bigger the carbon filter the better is the presentation of the air purifier. When the carbon filter turns out to be brimming with debasements, you have to supplant the equivalent.
For what reason would it be a good idea for you to think about utilizing an Air Purifier?
- Indoor air is 10-30 times more contaminated than open air.
- Defiled with dust, pet hair and dander, particulate issue, sediment, microorganisms, and so forth.
- Family items, for example, antiperspirants, cleaning items, inkjet printers, and so on., likewise add to indoor air contamination.
- As indicated by WHO, 4.3 million unexpected losses are an aftereffect of family air contamination from different sources and poor ventilation.
- half of passings for youngsters under 5 years old is credited to poor air quality.
- 13 of the best 20 urban communities with poor air quality are in India.
- Influences generally little youngsters and elderly individuals.
- Clean indoor air can build life expectancy by as long as 5 years by and large.
- Clean air can forestall ceaseless maladies like asthma, lung malignant growth, pneumonia, sensitivities, and so forth.
Why Should You Consider Using An Air Purifier?
- Indoor air is 10-30 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- Contaminated with dust, pet hair and dander, particulate matter, soot, microbes, etc.
- Household products, such as deodorants, cleaning products, inkjet printers, etc., also contribute to indoor air pollution.
- According to WHO, 4.3 million premature deaths are a result of household air pollution from multiple sources and poor ventilation.
- 50% of deaths for children under 5 years of age is attributed to poor air quality.
- 13 of the top 20 cities with poor air quality are in India.
- Affects mostly young children and old people.
- Clean indoor air can increase lifespan by up to 5 years on average.
- Clean air can prevent chronic diseases like asthma, lung cancer, pneumonia, allergies, etc.
What Is A HEPA Filter?
HEPA is an abbreviation for High Efficiency Particulate Air. HEPA filters catch differently estimated particles inside a multi-layered netting generally made out of fine fiberglass strings (a lot more slender than the size of a human hair strand!) with changing measured holes.
The filter is impenetrable and contains a thick sheet of little strands creased and fixed in a metal or plastic edge.
The air purifier’s fan brings air into the filter and particulates are caught in the filter. The bigger particles (ones greater than the filaments) are caught by means of impaction (molecule collides with the fiber), moderate-sized particles are caught by interference, and the molecule contacts the fiber.
Further, they are caught, and ultra-fine particles are caught by dissemination while crisscrossing the molecule will in the long run hit and adhere to the fiber.
Extra Air Purifier Features And Technologies
The pre-channel is a removable channel layer that catches bigger particles, for example, residue and hair, assisting with expanding the life of the fundamental HEPA channel. Pre-channels are normally intended to be launderable or vacuumed. Substitution costs are moderately low.
Activated carbon kills smell and traps synthetic substances and gases. It is generally joined with zeolite or potassium iodide in air purifier channels to streamline poison evacuation.
UV (Ultra Violet) light can be utilized to kill microscopic organisms that aggregate on air purifier channels. The way to adequacy is presentation time, so advantages will differ contingent upon the particular air purifier model.
Ionizers charge airborne particles, making them cluster into bigger particles. This innovation supplements HEPA filtration, as it permits the bigger particles to be all the more effortlessly caught.
Be that as it may, ionizers are viewed as insufficient without HEPA filtration, as it doesn’t evacuate a lot of particles. It is critical to likewise take note of some ionizers discharge ozone, and just ozone-safe ionizers ought to be considered for private use.
The entirety of the units on AirPurifiers.com is ozone-safe.
Filters Life Indicator
A filter life indicator is a computerized show on your air purifier that informs you when your filter is full and requires substitution.
Filter life markers are frequently founded on a producer’s suggested channel life. In some better quality units, the channel life pointer reflects real utilization and filter limit.
Shut off Timer
Some air purifiers come with a built-in timer, which can be set to consequently shut off the unit after an assigned measure of time.
Terms You Need to Know Before Buying Air Purifier
CADR (clean-air delivery rate) rating
This estimates the cleaning rate of the purifier for evacuating smoke, dust, and dust. Search for a CADR of at any rate 300, over 350 is extremely incredible.
For legitimate viability, you need a model intended to work in the room size. Pick a model that is intended for a territory bigger than the one you are furnishing it for in the event that you need to work it at a lower, calmer setting.
AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers)
Verified imprint. AHAM’s standards are configuration to guarantee the security, efficiency, and execution of many home consideration machines, including air purifiers. The guidelines are intended to give a typical comprehension among makers and buyers to help make the buying procedure less difficult. While deliberate, most legitimate air purifiers have experienced this accreditation program, which frequently gives a CADR rating and size guidelines.
True HEPA filters are powerful at expelling ultra-fine particles of dust, dander, dust, shape, and other basic allergens in the home.
The business standard for such is that the unit must have the option to expel at any rate 99.97% particulates estimating 0.3-micron width in a lab setting.
Keep in mind, it is imperative to take note of that, all things considered, settings, the real adequacy of these gadgets would be far less as new poisons are continually rising.
Note that there is no industry standard for the expressions “HEPA-like” or “HEPA-type,” and are for the most part utilized as advertising ploys to get buyers to buy the item.
Buyer’s Guide-Air Purifier
There are different types of technologies to contend with. Let us look at them one by one.
You will notice 3 types of filters in an air purifier
- Pre filter
- Activated Carbon filter
- Hepa filter
This traps the bigger particles like dander, hair, dust.
Activated Carbon filter
Elimination of bad odor is the principal responsibility of this filter. It also takes care of gases like formaldehyde, toluene, and other volatile organic compounds like mosquito and insect repellents.
This filter removes the minutest of pollutants including bacteria and viruses.
Allergens and other airborne harmful components are positively charged. The process of ionization includes the production of negatively charged ions that can attract these positively charged particles and force them to fall to the ground. However, such filters release small amounts of Ozone that can be dangerous to health.
You will see some air purifiers that are actually ozone generators. They produce Ozone which is a harmful gas that can lead to worsening of asthmatic conditions as well as can cause chest pains, and decrease immunity levels.
The toxins have to go through a UV sterilization chamber that results in the eradication of mold, viruses, and bacteria. However, you cannot use them in such areas where humans are present because UV radiation is bad for the health of the people.
This process produces hydroxyl radicals having the availability of breaking down smaller particles, odors, and chemicals and modifying them to either carbon dioxide or water vapor.
A word of precaution here is that one must not for ozone generators masked as air purifiers. It is better to go for a HEPA filter with the extra protection of Activated Carbon filters.
CADR – Clean Air Delivery Rate
CADR is a measurement of the delivery of purified air by an air purifier at its highest speed setting. It accounts for both the amount of airflow and particle elimination efficiency. You have to check out the CADR when you purchase an air purifier. The higher the CADR, the higher will be the efficiency of the air purifier for the specific room.
This component can be an overwhelming one accordingly requiring satisfactory clearing space on all sides. You should factor in these conditions before buying one for your home.
The general proposal is that you ought to settle on a model having a higher limit than you need. This will empower you to work the gear at a lower setting in this way sparing power and decreasing commotion levels.
The decision of the air purifier relies upon where you introduce it. On the off chance that you get one for your room, pick an air purifier that makes less clamor to permit you to rest calmly.
In the event that you have one in your hall, you can decide on a purifier having variable settings. This would empower you to expand the settings when nobody is in the hall to be upset by the clamor levels.
Filters are the most important component of any air purifier.
A TRUE HEPA filter is the most recommended one for your house. They have the capacity to eliminate 99.97% of pollutants of the size of 0.02 microns.
You might come across many air purifiers stating they have HEPA-type, HEPA-Style, or HEPA-like filters.
HEPA is an acronym for “high efficiency particulate air [filter]”.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Purifier
The frequency of filter replacement actually depends on the quality of air. Generally, you should replace the filter annually.
However, in cities like Delhi and Mumbai, where pollution is very much, the filter needs to be replaced after every 6 months.
Also, Nowadays, many air purifiers come with filter change alarm system. This system indicates the time to change or replace the filter.
Air Purifiers are meant to clean and purify the air around you, the air you breathe. You should always go for an air purifier that has a minimum of 3-stage purification.
The 3-stage purification includes the pre-filter, activated carbon filters, and HEPA filters.
Many modern-day air purifiers come with UV filtration methods as well.
Though there are many air purifiers that claim to be noiseless, they fail to redeem themselves anyhow. The noise that is often heard, is produced due to the speed of the fan.
You can control the speed of the fan, thus reducing the noise of the air purifier.
Nowadays, many air purifiers come with built-in sensors. Furthermore, these sensors help in adjusting the fan speed according to the level of impurity in the air.
These sensors provide a great degree of comfort as they won’t bother you to operate manually.
HEPA Filter traps 99.99% of Allergens, Bacteria & Viruses from the air around. HEPA is designed for superior purification efficiency and lifetime against airborne particles.
An air purifier can be your best friend, especially when you are living in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and where not.
They are the best way to clean the air that surrounds you. Moreover, the air you breathe is not at all clean and pure. You must need an air purifier as it helps in painting a healthy environment around you. It helps in removing mold spores, pet danders, and whatnot.
Sleeping with an air purifier has no such ill effects on the human body. Instead, has proven effective for people who are suffering from numerous health conditions.
Running throughout the night will actually provide you germ free air to breathe.
A question many must be looking for. On average, an air purifier can take up to 30 minutes to 2 hours to completely purify or clean your room. However, within just 20 minutes of running an air purifier, You can clearly notice a difference in the quality of air around you.
It definitely does not need any rocket science to decide upon the positioning of your air purifier. However, you have to keep few points in mind before doing so. These include-
1. Make sure that you are placing it near the worst air pollutant zone.
2. I would be 4-5 feet above off the ground.
3. Place it with the highest airflow, that can be, near window or doorways.
Never Place an air purifier in the corner, as it may not work efficiently.
The power in an air purifier is mostly drawn by the fan. A medium-sized air purifier will consume around 50 watts of electricity on average. Thereby, making it an energy-friendly device.
Even if you run it 12 hours a day at maximum fan speed, it won’t cost you so much.
In India, pollution is pervasive. It is a continuous problem and we have to tackle it every day.
Yes, it is 100% recommendable to leave the air purifier on all day long.
There are air purifiers in the market that have a filter change alarm system. This system indicates the time to change or replace the filter, which then helps in reducing pollutants in the home.
Now that you have seen numerous Air Purifiers, You must know exactly your requirement. I believe that with all the information we have provided, it will be easy for you to choose the Best Air Purifier for your home.
If you want to add any Air Purifier in this league please do tell us, also please comment below which one is your favorite.
- CADR In Air Purifier
- Best Air Purifier For Car In India 2021 | Beat Air Pollution inside your Car
- Types Of Air Filters Used In Your Air Conditioners
- All You Need To Know About TDS Controller / Modulator in a Water purifier