Best Face Wash For Men In India | Review & Buyer Guide
Everyone who washed his face with a bar of soap this morning, raise your hand.Thanks for your honesty. Don’t get us wrong, we like that you wash your face, but we’re not impressed that you used a bar of soap. True, using soap is better than using nothing at all, but your face is different. Traditional bar soaps dry out your facial skin and may strip it of natural oils that it needs to look it best.In this article, we take you through the best face wash for men.
Face washes are utterly crucial element to absolutely anyone’s grooming and skincare routine. If you don’t have a face wash you know you can rely on, the rest of your skincare routine counts for little. For this reason, it’s extremely worthwhile shopping around for a product which you can be sure takes care of your daily cleansing needs. Put simply, a face wash is the backbone of good skincare: the starting point from which to build your routine. When picking the right face wash for you, you should always factor in your skin type, and there are plenty of products which are specially designed to tailor to those with oily, sensitive, dry, or combination skin.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PURCHASING FACE WASH OR CLEANSER
Sure, there are differences between men’s face washes and cleansers, just as there are differences within any grooming product, but choosing the right face wash for you basically comes down to one thing: skin type.
Every man’s face has its unique characteristics, not the least of which is skin type. Most men’s faces fit into five categories: oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, normal skin, and combination skin.
- Indicators: Large, visible pores and a greasy sheen that develops quickly after you’ve cleansed.
What to Look for: An oil-control face wash that digs deep to purify pores (ones with charcoal are highly effective), and helps regulate oil production without leaving your face feeling dry. A formula that balances pH will also slow the growth of bacteria and help prevent breakouts.
Products to Try:
- THE REAL MAN Caffeine Coffee Oil Control & Energising Face Wash
- Garnier Men Power White Anti-Pollution Double Action Facewash
- Spruce Shave Club Charcoal Face Wash for Men
- Indicators: Your skin is often itchy, flaky, or generally tight.
What to Look for: A cleanser that clears away grime and impurities without stripping skin of its natural oils. A hydrating face wash (especially those made with glycerin or essential oils) should do the trick, and look for soap-free formulas wherever possible.
Products to Try:
- UrbanGabru Charcoal Face Wash With Apple Cider Vinegar
- MCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Face Wash
- Set Wet Studio X Charcoal Face Wash For Men
Indicators: Your skin is often red—especially after shaving or cleansing—and prone to irritation.
What to Look for: Cleansers with dense, creamy foams and soothing ingredients like aloe vera, willow bark, and witch hazel. Balancing pH is also important, as skin can get dry or irritated when its pH is out of whack. If possible, avoid heavily sudsy products (less creamy, more bubbly).
Products to Try:
Indicators: An even skin tone with no flaking, redness, or sheen, and only the occasional breakout.
What to Look for: Honestly, just about anything—your skin isn’t picky. We recommend potent (yet non-drying) cleansers with a range of bonus perks: antiaging, toning, and hydrating ingredients are all a major plus.
Products to Try:
- Garnier Men Acno Fight Anti-Pimple Face wash
- Man Arden 7X Activated Charcoal Face Wash
- Beardhood Green Tea & Charcoal Face Wash For Man
Men with combination skin tend to have an oily forehead, nose, and chin but dry cheeks. Look for a cleanser that gets rid of grime and oil without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
An ideal face wash for combination skin is one that protects the skin’s lipid barriers to lock in natural moisture. You’re looking for a product that thoroughly cleanses but that also provides hydration to the areas of your face which need it.
Again, your facial skin type is the primary guide to choosing a facial wash or cleanser. Now, let’s dig a bit deeper and review what we think are the best face washes for men and the best facial cleansers for men.
Obviously, a good Men Face Wash should, well, wash your face, but the perfect one will also keep it in tip-top form too and help manage unwanted skin conditions.
“For healthy-looking skin, you need products that not only clean but hydrate as well,” says Claire Fynn, brand manager of skin cleansing at Unilever. “The right product will do exactly that, leaving you with healthier and stronger skin in the long run.”
Keeping your face nourished is just as vital as keeping it clean, meaning you should take a few minutes to consider a few factors before slapping any old gunk on it.
Sure, some of the claims made by cosmetics companies are straight up snake oil. But some, on the other hand, are actually worth taking into account.
Added extras in your face wash such as exfoliators, SPF or one that can double up as a deeper cleansing mask can help save time as well as cabinet space, all while getting you ready to face the day.
Best Face Wash For Men In India 2019
Beardhood Green Tea & Charcoal Face Wash For Man
- Effective anti-oxidants extracted from green tea leaves mixed with pore sized charcoal beads are designed to exfoliate and draw out both impurities & excess.
- With goodness of Aloe vera to hydrate and vitamin B9 to reduce acne, this face wash provides an all round care for an everlasting glow.
- HOW TO USE : Get a nature friendly kick start to your day -use a small quantity, gently massage and lather in circular motion on wet face , rinse off and pat dry.
Man Arden 7X Activated Charcoal Face Wash
- MEN FACE WASH + SCRUBBING - A Face Wash with Minimal Scrubbing for Everyday Use. Does not Contains Soap / Lather Ingredients and Uses Natural Coconut Based Cleansers. Contains 95% Natural Ingredients only
- EXTREME ANTIOXIDANT BENEFITS - With potent antioxidants like Vitamin C, and Vitamin B3, B5, this cleanser works for to rejuvenate and refine the skin. A cleanser packed with icy cool menthol. The result is refreshed and hydrated skin.
- MEN'S GROOMING AT ITS BEST - The best facial wash to include in your everyday routine is here. Men’s facial cleanser infused with Charcoal that helps fight the five problems caused by daily city grime including oily skin, dirt, sticky touch, dullness and clogged pores.
- Detoxify and rejuvenate your skin with infused charcoal scrubbers that thelps remove impurities, blackheads and blemishes for toned, radiant skin.
- MASCULINE DAILY FACE WASH WITH NO HARSH CHEMICALS - This facial cleanser carefully blends Tea Tree Oil, Colloidal Oat Powder, Caffeine Powder, Activated Charcoal Powder, Vitamin E, Roman Chamomile Oil, Lemon Extract, Licorice Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Green Tea Extract, Goji Fruit Extract to give your face a natural healthy feeling.
NIVEA Men Face Wash, All-in-One
- Item Form: Foam
- Reduces dark spots due to dirt and brightens skin
- Refreshing and cool feeling on the skin
- Usage: Lather up and massage over the wet face. Rinse off with clean water. Avoid direct eye contact. Use in the morning and in the evening. For best results use NIVEA Men Dark Spot Reduction Moisturiser afterward.
- Target Audience: Men
- Package Contents: 1 Men All-In-1 Face wash
Set Wet Studio X Charcoal Face Wash For Men
- Studio x charcoal face wash for men contains activated charcoal that detoxifies your skin. It removes toxins, dirt and excess oil from your pores, making your skin look radiant and fresh for long
- Leaves your skin feeling refreshed, revitalized and deeply cleansed
- Its moisturizing ingredients doesn’t dry your skin
- Cleanses blocked pores, removes dirt and excess oil build up
- Suitable for daily usage and for all skin types
- One of the Best Men Face Wash
MCaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Face Wash For Men
- DEEP CLEANSE & OIL FREE - A deep cleansing and nourishing Coffee Face Wash that washes away all the impurities and dirt | It removes excess oil and keeps the skin oil free | A must-have daily care for the dull and tired skin with an active routine
- EVERYDAY FRESHNESS - It clarifies and cleanses to give your a skin a boost of freshness that lasts | It wakes your skin up and removes the layer of impurities to give you a pure, younger looking and problem free skin
- GOODNESS INSIDE - Coffee deep cleanses, increases collagen production for a youthful skin and helps reduce cellulite | The caffeine present in coffee even tones the skin and reduces puffiness | White water lily regenerates skin cells, Aloe Vera soothes skin, and Seaweed reduces skin pigmentations
- FDA Approved | SLS Free | Clinically Tested | Cruelty-Free | Paraben Free | For Normal to Oily Skin | For Men & Women
- Start your day with a kick of freshness in the morning and end it by finally removing the impurities and let your skin breathe free at night | Make this facewash a part of your daily care routine to truly awaken and nourish your skin
UrbanGabru Charcoal Face Wash For Men
- Extreme benefits - with activated charcoal and apple cider vinegar, this face wash works for both men and women to rejuvenate and refine the skin
- Brightening action for balanced complexion - penetrating deep to keep the skin hydrated by using a combination of activated charcoal and apple cider vinegar, and moisturizers
- Exfoliating age reversal - urbangabru face wash act as your skin's daily defence and ensure that you see youth restored to the skin anywhere on your body
- With charcoal scrub buds and apple cider vinegar, known for its ability to draw out and trap impurities, and skin purifying technology, cleanser deep cleans 2 times better than a basic cleanser
- All skin types will see the nourishing benefits of brilliant skin with this professional-grade formula
Spruce Shave Club Charcoal Face Wash for Men
- PURIFYING ACTIVATED CHARCOAL : Activated charcoal draws bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin by providing a deep cleanse and helps your achieve radiant
- ACNE & POLLUTION CONTROL - The face wash infused with Activated Charcoal, Honey & Essential Oils like Mandarin, Clove, Frankincense & Ginger helps clear the skin, prevent acne and control oil in the skin to provide a clear & radiant complexion
- NATURAL HONEY FOR ACNE & BRIGHT COMPLEXION - Our charcoal face wash in enriched with honey which is a natural anti-bacterial agent and well known for helping in acne treatment and reduction. Moreover, it is a powerful anti oxidant which acts as a strong anti aging agent while also improving skin complexion and brightening skin tone
- ENRICHED WITH PURE ESSENTIAL OILS - The face wash is enriched with pure essential oils to delivery the finest groomingg experience. Mandarin essential oil is known for its anti aging properties and helping improve skin complexion to develop radiant and glowing skin. Frankincense acts as a great treatment for damaged or wrinkled skin helps keep your skin smooth and clear. This skin brightening face wash will help you develop the smoothest and most radiant skin.
- ACTIVE COOLING & REFRESHING - The cooling effect of menthol will deliver a light and refreshing cooling effect to the skin. Combined with all the premium extracts & oils, the menthol helps create a well rounded, refreshing & invigorating deep cleansing grooming experience
THE REAL MAN Caffeine Coffee Oil Control & Energising Men Face Wash
- Energizing. Rejuvenates Skin. Prevents Skin Infections. Has Anti-Aging Properties. Tightens Skin. Deep Cleanses Pores. Treats Oily Skin.
- Formulated for men attacks dirt, excess oil and grime to eliminate breakouts and acne, without stripping skin of moisture deep cleanses your face gently and moisturizes your skin.
- With neem extract tulsi extract, this cleanser works for both men and women to rejuvenate and refine the skin it is a sulfate free, silicone free and soap free face wash.
- Multi-purpose benefits oil control and energizing face wash and premium exfoliator all-in-one for a healthy and revitalized complexion regular use gives the skin a lasting nourished and youthful look.
- The Real Man Caffeine Face Wash comes with the natural coffee characteristics of exfoliation, skin brightening and anti-aging.
Frequently Asked Questions about Face Wash
We’ve got you covered here, too. Let’s go over some common questions surrounding the use in combination of face Wash for men.
1. How often should I use my face wash?
Every day, of course!
The best time to use your face wash is in the morning or the evening, depending on your preference.
If you decide to use your wash in the morning, you can add this to your daily showering routine, along with a thorough cleaning of every other part of your body.
You can also use your face wash outside the shower either before or after.
If you shave every day, using your facial cleanser beforehand is a great trick since it will clear your pores up and allow your razor to cut your facial hair closer to the root.
This has the added benefit of giving you a closer shave and extending the amount of time that you have to enjoy smooth skin before you have to shave again.
Using Face Wash at night is a good idea, too.
This is because your face isn’t encountering dirt or dust particles like it might be if you were awake and doing your daily activities.
This can give your face a good chance to rest and rejuvenate with clear pores, and it might help your skin be ready to face the next day.
Just because these face washes have a bunch of ingredients doesn’t mean that they are somehow toxic to your skin or shouldn’t be used every day.
Most face wash is actually made of natural ingredients and are healthy.
Face washes aren’t like pure exfoliators, either.
So long as you’re using the right facial cleanser, you shouldn’t run any risk of stripping your skin of its natural protection or rubbing it raw by removing too many skin cells.
2. What’s the best way to use my face wash?
Using a Men face Wash is pretty easy.
First off, make sure that you don’t squeeze too much of the product onto your hands.
You only need a small amount to rub it all across the skin of your face effectively.
You’ll see that this is true once you rub it between your hands and work up a lather, just like the kind you might see with traditional soap or shampoo.
By lathering it, you’ll also be helping the facial cleanser’s ingredients to activate more quickly.
Spread the wash across your face and rub it into your skin.
You don’t need to apply too much pressure here, but light or gentle scrubbing motion is a good idea.
Basically, you want the facial cleanser to really be worked into your pores to get rid of any oil or dirt.
The entire scrubbing process should take about half a minute; after 30 seconds of past, the cleanser has likely done all that it can.
Next, go to the sink and use warm water to rinse the facial scrub lather off your face.
Doing this in the shower makes it especially convenient since the water source is already on and right in front of you.
Don’t use cold water, as this will close your pores and trap some of the facial wash inside; you definitely don’t want a facial cleanser to remain inside your pores all day, as it’s unhealthy for your pores to be blocked by anything, even all-natural ingredients.
Some Men’s face Wash or cleansers don’t need to be rinsed off and are instead designed to be totally absorbed by your skin, although most do recommend that you rinse.
Read the directions of your chosen product carefully to see if your pick falls in this category.
3. Is it possible to scrub too hard?
It’s technically possible to scrub too hard with a Men’s face Wash and cause irritation, particularly if the formula has alcohol as the primary ingredient.
However, this is pretty difficult, and you shouldn’t worry about scrubbing too hard and causing damage to your skin.
After all, most men would probably feel when the scrubbing was starting to become painful and would desist as soon as he became uncomfortable!
The main thing you’ll lose by scrubbing too hard is time.
One thing to keep in mind is that it’s a lot easier to scrub too hard if you use an additional scrubbing implement, like a sponge or pad.
You only need to use your fingers to rub a facial cleanser into your pores effectively.
No other tools are required.
4. What can I combine my wash with?
You can combine your Face Wash and cleansers with other products or even together!
You just need to keep an eye on the ingredients and make sure that you’re not saturating your skin too much in any one component, such as alcohol.
It’s also a good idea to thoroughly apply one product at a time, rinse your skin, then apply the other.
Give your pores time to breathe and absorb the various compounds from the first product before they have to tackle a second.
This will help keep your pores clean and your skin healthy.
5. Why are Face Wash better than bar soap?
Bar soap certainly has its uses, but most bar soaps have alkaline-based compositions.
How does this harm you?
It’s okay for your body, but your face has more delicate skin than that covering the rest of your body.
Alkaline-based products can easily strip away natural oils and protective compounds that keep your skin flexible and fresh on your face.
Therefore, bar soap isn’t a good fit when it comes to cleaning your face.
Additionally, bar soap can quickly dry out your skin, compounding the problem if you have drier skin than average.
This may even cause your body to produce extra oil to counteract this effect, eventually leading to an outbreak of acne.
Overall, you’re better off avoiding bar soap when it comes to the skin on your face.
If you have any of the face wash from the above list If so, how do you like them? Is there another wash, cleanser, or scrub that you’d recommend? We’d love to hear from you! As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions and promise to respond ASAP.
If you want to see Which Men Face Wash in our favourite List then you can see Editor’s choice Face Wash